Could we do a RB trade?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdy_hitt, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

With the new siging of Lendale White is it a posibility to trade either T.Henry or C.Brown??...
    Or would we have to wait and see how easily White grasps the offense before making that desicion??...

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

You mean drafting of White? Unless I missed something..

3. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Running Backs

Now that we drafted LenDale White (great pick), what do you think will happen with the rest of the roster? White could very well become our starting RB. Thus either CB or TH will be shopped for trades. Who do we need to keep? What could help cap wise? I don’t see Payton or Nash making the roster this year. Quinton Ganther is more of a FB and could put a little pressure on Flemming who under achieved big time with his opportunity last year. How do you guys see our RB/FB situation shake out?

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think Brown is the only RB who has trade value. Henry is a huge risk for everyone (including the Titans). And I don't think they trade Brown as he is the best RB on the team right now.

5. Delaware Titan

Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

Perhaps they will release Henry to free up some cap space...

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see trading Brown with Henry a toke away from a year's suspension. White won't even be able to run until mid-May but you'd think he'll get some situational carries early in the season and more based on his success.

Nash needs to show a lot, IMO, just to remain on the roster. Payton is likely gone.

I thought Ganther was a solid blocker but I'm reading mixed bios on him this morning. All do mention he had good hands which Fleming really lacked last year.

#90 Camp Fodder

He's too cheap to get rid of...

8. Exactly, if you wanna trade a RB, trade Brown, but he's our best running back so..........

9. metal957

metal957 Starter

LenDale is going to be our Eddie for some time and I would not be suprised if he is the starter by the season opener. If he can get over the hammy quickly and get in the weight room it is a possibility. I don't believe it will take him long to pick up the playbook either. I say trade brown and keep travis as a cheap backup. That still has talent.

10. I like Payton, but unfortunately he's probably gonna be pushed out unless he shows he can contribute to the team ina small way, how I don't know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar