Could Potential Foles To Jags Be Good For Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Jan 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

2017 nick Foles - won SB
    Regular season - 57/101, 537, 5/2. He was 2-1 as starter.
    Playoffs - 77/106, 971, 6/1. 3-0

2012 Joe Flacco - won SB
    Regular season - 317/531, 3817, 22/10. 10-6
    Playoffs - 73/126, 1140, 11/0. 4-0

Nick Foles is Joe Flacco for His SB run.

2. HurrayTitans!

Disagree he “outplayed” Wentz.
    In 17’ his regular season games were pretty Mariota like then he went full Flacco in the post season (note my post above).
    In 18’ it was pretty close between them unless you look at only W/L but then we should factor the rest of the team. Foles had a higher comp% by a little (wentz was still 69%) but had a higher INT rate by just a little.

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Only, Nick Foles and Joe Flacco can outperform Mary in less games lol. I’ll get behind Mariota, but he won’t be here after next year. He is on the steady decline, and 5 years in, everyone still has an excuse. I just watched a teams backup mow down our starter for 2 straight seasons that people hate on....Our QB can’t stay healthy and can’t lead a game start to finish. I pray we get this Interior OL and run game going, because we are going to need it badly next year.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

He did outplay Wentz, to the point where it was debated to keep him. Wentz hasn’t stayed healthy, and the dude 2 years straight went on a win streak tear. If Wentz stayed healthy this year, they aren’t in the playoffs....can’t say otherwise. I also would say they wouldn’t have won a SB with Wentz two years ago. Truth is, the playcalling and team is better in Philly with Foles. They rally behind him and win. Guy comes in and they are a different team. Plain and simple.

5. HurrayTitans!

This is all subjective opinion except the win streak of Foles which is a team effort. I think they rally no different around Foles than wentz. Wentz was also having an arguable MVP year before going down late in 17’ so not really sure why you can assume he couldn’t have won the SB just the same as Foles.

Foles has 2 things to his name right now. The first Chip Kelly season where he had the amazing, un-repeatable, 27-2 TD:INT season and his Joe Flacco playoff tear that ultimately won a SB.

He’s floundered everywhere else and Philly has a good team that many QBs would succeed in.

As far as Mariota goes, you won’t see argument from me. I wasn’t defendin* him in any way and also agree this is his last year in Tennesse.

6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Davis averaged over half a yard extra separation per Target than Jeffrey last year. And he was attracting more attention from defenses. Needless to say, if he had a QB who had a pair and pieces to take pressure off of him like Jeffrey does, his production would blow him out of the water

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

There is no question he didn’t play as well the 1 year in KC or STL. That said, I challenge you to watch those last 7 games with Foles under center and tell me they weren’t a different and better playing team..He also statistically outplayed Wentz during that time and in 2017 during his run. I’m not at all saying Wentz isn’t good. I am saying in that system with that team, Foles is the better man until Wentz shows me otherwise and stays healthy. We agree that Mary is going bye bye. I think Vrabel and Jrob are over him. It makes sense they hired Arthur Smith too. You can get rid of the “new coach/scheme” excuse for Mariota, and he is going to focus on the run game and ol. Both of which will help the future QB of THEIR choice as well. Writing is on the wall imo.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Put Corey with a QB that targets him often and let’s him go up and challenge for the ball, and I’m betting 1k yard season easily. Davis is going to be good. They have to figure out how to get him involved more often.

9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Agreed, Davis was the guy I wanted in that draft, but didn't expect JR to go WR at 5. If we had a real passing QB, Davis would be balling significantly more than he has thus far.I get it though, they're keeping Mariota around till they can extend Davis, keeps his production low and will cost less....... LOL.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar