Coughlin the league's best coach?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 6
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You still don't get it!

The thread title came with a question mark after it! You may or may not have that opinion and you may or may not have the capability of expressing that opinion. You obviously don't. You have yet to make an informed comment about anything.

Where were you born Jethro? Or is it Bubba?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would be curious to know if Childress considers the Ravens 2 non offensive TDs against us in the 2000 playoff game the by product of Fisher's bad coaching.

Mcnair threw the ball, Eddie bobbled it and Ray Lewis caught it and ran it in. Fisher's bad coaching! Should have run a triple reverse halfback pass!

It was Fisher who caused those 2 fumbles in 08. He greased the ball!

It was Fisher who caused almost every good WR he had to suffer a career ending injury!

It was Fisher who against Bud Adams advice drafted a childish semi retarded QB with the 3rd pick and not the other way around!

Can't wait for your smart response to that.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Now you're getting it. It is Fisher's fault for all those things including the War in Iraq.

Little late to the party, but hey, we never expected you to get it right away.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

That was a painful loss. We were the best team of the regular season. It was unfortunate.

SB teams need some luck on the way. That Ravens team seemed destined to win it.

We weren't as good as our record looks for 2008.
    The offense was inconsistent and even though we were winning,againt the better teams we had too many stop start stalled drives.

The Steelers game was the only one in the last 5 games that we looked good. We were flat after geting destroyed by the Jets.

No we had some bad luck. Calico we'll never know how good he might have been.

Givens a freak injury. Outside of that though we went with the scattergun approach in the draft taking, Jones ,Williams and Roby. Later we took P Williams and Hawkins. Britt was our firstgood move at WR in a long time.

VY,Adam Jones,Griffin,Woolfolk and Morgan were arguably all busts. Morgan may yet turn out ok but it's not been the return that we'd expect for a 1st rnd DE.

How much influence Fisher had with those picks we dont know.

I don't know this either. VY was immature,not too bright and lazy. I think Fisher mis-managed him and lost the team though during and after the Skins game when VY hurt his thumb. Up until that point VY was having a solid season. His career ended with that game and its aftermath though.

All I know is that Fisher's winning record was being whittled down steadily towards .500.

We were in my opinion boring and predictable under Fisher and never recaptured the sucess we had with Eddie and Steve.

I think the game has passed Fishers style by and that we were overdue moving on from him. I lost respect for him eventually after supporting him through 2007.

I resented the way classy players like Bulluck were treated when their time was up. I resented the way crap veterans were always played over possibly more talented rookies.

It scares me to see Amano still on the roster because its a very Fisher like move.

I don't hate Fisher but I think I'm right that he's an average coach. I will find it satisfying if I'm proved right with his tenure in St.Louis.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fair enough..

Morgan another example of bad luck. Guy tears a knee in what his third game?

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Morgan was the guy I wanted us to take in the 1st. Gutted with how it'sworked out so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar