Coughlin Out in NY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by skitch, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Coughlin's coaching record his last 3 seasons:
    19-29.
    That's with a "2x super bowl winner" at QB, and besides that, a far superior team at every position besides #1 tight end.

The guy is nearly 70 years old, and hasn't had a winning season since 2012.

His best days are in his past. It would be foolish to bring him here, IMO.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Well, looks like Coughlin is going to retire, and looks like Pagano got an extension, so now what? @nickmsmith

• Troll Troll x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

yep, I'm officially out of ideas. I thought the Colts would be stupid to let him go, but they are stupid for keeping him AND their idiot GM. The tandem is only partially working because Andrew Luck has been the glue that held that team together. They should have let one of them go.

But as far as the Titans.. no real other candidate I'm rooting for, until they whittle down the list to 2-3 candidates. I keep my expectations low.

4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

5 playoff appearances in 12 seasons, and in a pretty weak division.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

weak division? Im no Coughlin admirer but the NFC East has only trailed the AFC North in wins the last 10 years...

6. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

2 superbowls in the last 8 years, and in one of the toughest divisions. This year the division was bad, but they used to be one of the toughest divisions in football before that.

Coughlin is a hall of fame coach. If he was fired from the Giants that would have been awesome, but he left on his own terms, so sounds like he's going to retire.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I mean when 9-10 wins can clinch your divison title just about every season, I wouldn't call that a powerhouse.

AFC west this year Chiefs are 11-5 and didn't win their divison...

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

thats just this year and once before, generally it takes 11-12 wins to wrap up the NFC East

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Good for him, he's not a good fit here anyway.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

The NFC East divison winner has had 10 wins or less 6 times since Tom took over in 04. 6 out of 12 years

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar