Coty Sensabaugh -- Do We Keep Him (And happy birthday)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Nov 15, 2015.

?
  1. Yes (Obviously signed to a reasonable contract)

36.4%
  2. No

63.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

As I was making this thread I discovered it is actually Coty's 28th birthday today. Happy birthday Coty!

Before the season I would not have expected Coty to be someone the team would want to keep. But, last offseason I did not expect Karl Klug and Derrick Morgan to be kept.

Coty has been a pleasent surprise this year. The FO and coaching staff seemingly gave up on him by the end of last year and instead were talking up Blidi Wreh-Wilson as the great DB prospect. So it was a little surprising to see Coty starting in place of the injured Jason McCourty on opening day.

While he is far from a Pro Bowl CB Coty has done a solid job. At the very least he is a strong nickel back, which might as well be a starting position in today's NFL. So there certainly is value in keeping him around. He also seems like a good character guy who does a lot in the community which certainly does not hurt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

No.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Coty was doomed the day his mother mispelled his name on the birth cirtificate... peace dude

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Coty is as good as gone and I hope BWW goes with him. I like what I'm seeing in Riggs and Webb. Honestly our whole CB corp needs rebuilding.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Yall are crazy, hes a decent player who shouldn't be playing vs 1s and 2s but hes still good to have around. Definitely try to keep him.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Cody Riggs can take his spot next year and will probably do a better job.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think you are reaching a bit with Riggs

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Really wish he would've had that INT today, even though it would've been hard.

Coty will never amount to starting caliber, but he's played well enough to warrant a chance at our #3 CB.

Let's just give him the rest of the year.

9. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Is that different from a certificate?

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Could be a solid back up and and will probably never generate enough interest to drive his price up.

#10 altitan, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar