Cotchery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i know... i was just throwing the idea out there for fun... we're "looking" for a vet... he's a vet..... seems kind of strange why we didnt say anything to him when he was still "on the team"

2. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

Anyone have an update on this? According to ESPN Insider it looks like we are currently the front runner to pick him up.

3. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

I saw that but he hasn't met with us yet. Heard he keeps failing physicals though

4. TitanDoug

TitanDoug Special Teams Standout

Anyone who would be an upgrade to Gage (who is a non-factor) and Washington (who can't catch) would be good.

If we want Locker to develop, we need to surround him with weapons - upgrade at WR. And a certain RB.

5. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

RavensInsider Aaron Wilson

League source confirms that Ravens are passing on WR Jerricho Cotchery, who took and passed a physical this week. Also visited Steelers.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Lets see the Ravens won't sign him. His first choice the Steelers passed on signing him and allowed him to visit the Ravens, so they're unlikely to sign him. Unless Cotch declined their offer to visit the Ravens first.

I wonder why these teams don't want him? Titans should get him in for a visit. :wink2:

7. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

Forget Cotchery

From Rotoworld:

Johnny Knox may push for a trade out of Chicago if he doesn't win back his starting job, a source tells the Chicago Tribune.

Rightfully so. Knox has been demoted to No. 4 receiver and coordinator Mike Martz says he made a mistake by handing the "X" receiver spot to Knox last season. But Knox showed difference-making speed and upside a year ago, surely putting enough on tape to garner interest in the trade market. The Ravens should be on the phone to Chicago's front office as we speak.

8. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

We need to get Cotchery in for a visit. I'm real curious on why the Ravens passed on him after he passed the physical but Britt's scaring the sh1t out of me right now and we need all of the weapons we can get.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The longer we discuss these FAs the more greatness they obtain.
    A guy who has been in the league for 7 years and has had one 1000 yard season is now the next Jerry Rice.

We have to get this guy in for a visit.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Knox would be awesome, but I don't see it happening. Although Martz is a nut-case sometimes and the Bears FO just traded Olsen (a top-10 TE IMO) for a 3rd round.

Johnny Knox - 25 years old - 6'0 185
    2009 (R): 45 catches, 527 yards, 5 TDs
    2010: 51 catches, 960 yards, 5 TDs

He's very cheap:
    2011: 480K
    2012: 565K
    2013: Free Agent

Knox is basically a faster, younger, cheaper, and better catching version of Nate Washington. But would likely cost of atleast a 3rd round.

Would you guys do a 3rd for Knox? I think I would. Maybe we can do Nate Washington and a 4th for Knox.. that would be a dream. Britt - Knox - Williams - Mariani could be a solid rotation for yeaaaaaaaaaaars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar