Cory Chavous - Draftnasty.com

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

What are you getting at? Your on a rape tangent right now that is completely irrelevant.

2. Spartacus

Spartacus Camp Fodder

Do a little research on Mason Foster. We would be very lucky to snag him in the 3rd. The way Dalton is rising, he may slip up to the 1st so forget him being a reach in the 2nd.

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I still don't think it makes sense to draft a DE in round one. It doesn't matter how much pressure you get off the edge if the QB can step up in the pocket. This became apparent the last two seasons we had Haynesworth (working for the money). His interior pass rush had mediocre DEs (Ball/ Ford/ Hayes) looking like pro bowlers. A hause in the middle would also help our extremely weak run defense by pushing the LOS back, eliminating running lanes, chaff blocking schemes, and taking a lot of blockers off our LBs.

Getting a strong DT would improve almost every level of our defense. You can't say that about a DE. Quinn is a lighter DE that's a freak of a athlete. I don't think he will do so well in our NEW defense. Our old defense played out DEs our wide in 7 techniques. Now they will be head up on the tackle/ TE . WE NEED to get bigger all around. Bowers would be a good fit for this if we traded down.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I am cynical this year on the draft...don't think anyone we pick at 8 is going to contribute to winning one game this year. Being at 8 sucks...too low to get a QB worth a first round price and too high to be attractive for trading down.

Maybe I will be surprised, I hope I am, but am prepared to be totally underwhelmed.

5. LTF

LTF Starter

I would be good with that draft. I am a big fan of Foster and Quinn and Boling.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Ball: 0 sacks in 09, 4.5 in 08. But 7 in 2010 without Haynesworth.
    Ford: 5.5 sacks in 09 .7 sacks in 08
    Haye: 4 sacks in 09. 1.5 sacks in 08

What do you consider a probowl player....

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

My two favorite players for us at #8 would be Peterson and Fairley. I believe they'll both be gone... Quinn is clearly the BPA at #8, so we'd be dumb to pass on him if PP and Fairley are indeed gone.

I'm getting at the fact that you and some others seemed to take a joke (because obviously Quinn is not a clone of a rapist) so seriously and get butthurt over the fact that I called Lawrence Taylor a rapist.

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

This is random, but does anyone else feel dirty saying the word "panties" I don't know what it is but I hate the word, thong, underwear, w/e else is fine. Just not panties for some reason...

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I stand corrected lol

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The thing that makes Quinn so interesting is that he is only 20 and will be 21 next month. He is very young and could get better.

Don't understand Chavous thinking we can get Boling in rd 5 when some rankings have him as a 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar