Correct me if I'm wrong...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Woy, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woy

Woy PA's finest.

...but if the Cardinals would have blocked the XP (very unlikely, obviously) then they could have ran it back for two points, which have tied the game. Or is that rule only in college?

If it's the same in the NFL, I would have just kneeled it on the PAT. Believe me, we've seen crazier things in the league, lol.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You have nuttin' to lose. The defense can't score on a blocked PAT.

The only reason the Titans kicked it is points can be a tie-breaker in the standings.

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

You can't score on an extra point

4. Woy

Woy PA's finest.

Okay just making sure. I know in college you can; didn't know it was the same way in the NFL.

5. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

The guy sitting behind me said we should just take a knee to be safe, but yes, in the NFL you cannot score 2 points on a failed 2-point conversion or PAT.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

another stupid nfl rule. i've never understood why the defense can't advance a turnover on two point conversations/blocked PATs. if the nfl is going to make the offense attempt the points, the defense should have a legitimate chance of returning the favor.

7. Titantic Titan

Titantic Titan Camp Fodder

Do not kid yourself. Everyone is right you can not, as a defense score on a PAT. The reason they kick the ball is gambling plain and simple. Vegas needs to cover the spread.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't get the gambling angle. Vegas is setting the odds so that they make out well regardless if the betting is close to 50/50.

I do think they'll eventually go with the NCAA rule here as they did with the two-point conversion years ago.

9. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

Plus the line was Cards -2. So the spreed didn't matter in this case. Maybe under/over. Not sure what that was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar