Corner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think the #2 CB is clearly Hill's to lose. He's likely spent the entire offseason working out and improving his ability to jam at the line. He's worked on technique, viewed film, etc. There is no reason to think he'll not be improved over last season when he beat out Woolfolk as a seventh-round rookie. Why would anyone assume Hill isn't the favorite to start opposite Pacman right now?

I'm all for hoping Woolfolk has improved to the point he challenges but we need to be realistic here. Woolfolk isn't even guaranteed to win the nickel spot at this point. Fuller was getting a lot of praise up to the time he was injured. Though there is probably a lot of unknown on him, he too looks to have that upside factor Woolfolk lost last season.

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

i'd say thats a pretty good way to put it. fuller's versailtility is also a factor. he can play outside and/or inside corner and also both safety spots. like jeff said its hill's job to lose on the outside and i bet woolfolk pushes pretty hard for a spot on the inside/outside, in which i love competition. let the best man win. i'd love to see dre' succeed.there saying pac looks very good in OTA's so far, so thats very encouraging to hear. the only thing im slighty concerned with is the depth @ corner. after pac renayldo and dre' theres only gardner left because of waddell's injury. but this is where fuller helps out so i think well be ok. other than that, this defense has a chance to be very good.

3. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Ok WU, so if Woolfolk was moved to nickle back simply because he was a better tackler and not because he couldn't cover well then why when the team was not in Nickle did he not play over Reynaldo? If he was better then why only play 50% of the snaps as Soxcat pointed out? Just currious. Do you really think Woolfolk is better than Reynaldo?

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Hill jumps routes and covers man better but he does tackle poorly.

Woolfolk plays off too much but he does tackle well.

It's a toss up in my book "who is better" becaue their individual strengths are different. I've seen both of them look solid only to be disappointed a play or two later.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think both show flashes and have consistency issues.

In Hill's case, you can chalk a lot of it to inexperience and something he'll improve on in time. I don't think Woolfolk can claim inexperience though injury has limted him throughout his career.

6. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Scratch them both. Sign Ty Law and move Hill to the nickel

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:ha:

Yeah ok. Kinda like Andre's only interception last year.....When he was following Bulluck on a blitz. Bulluck tipped the pass straight up and Andre happened to be right there behind him when it came down. I guess that doesn't count either.

Hill made his plays because he was in position in pass coverage. It's the sign of a good DB. Andre was the one who was "fielding a punt". More like a hand-off.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

After that "quote" by Fisher Hill started 10 of 11 games at CB.
    Hill improved as the season went on which you would expect for a guy coming as a rookie. Woolfolk was in his 3rd year. Obviously they saw a lot more upside in Hill.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

On Fuller: the only thing I'm worried about is that he's played one game since the end of 2004. I was ready to buy into the hype last year before he got injured. Now I'm holding back.

10. I feel the same, only ONE game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar