Corner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

...until getting beat out by a rookie 7th round pick...

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Wrong. He was given the job before training camp started.

"Woolfolk is going to line up there on the other side and it’s his job to lose. It’s his, I gave it to him, and he’s going to have to keep it. He’s got work to do, we’re going to keep him out of the nickelback spot and leave him at the corner, and we’re going to get him ready to start the season" - Jeff Fisher - 7/28/05

The rest is history.

3. Coach Fisher's Monday report
    HEAD COACH JEFF FISHER, Oct. 10, 2005

(on the nickel defense packages and rookie Reynaldo Hill)

Our nickel packages are basically week-to-week, and we’ll look at our opponent this week and see how we best match up. But, he [Reynaldo Hill] did fine. He missed a couple tackles, which you don’t want to see, but from an awareness standpoint and a coverage standpoint, I thought he did a nice job.

Andre [Woolfolk] was inside, familiar with his old position and did well in there.

Like the X Files, the truth is always out there.l......;

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

What does that have to do with him being handed the outside spot before camp and then losing it to a rookie 7th round draft pick?

5. What I have said all along is that Andre did not move inside so much because of his play outside, he moved inside because Hill cannot tackle well (and that proved itself as the remainder of the season played out) which is a must as the nickel . He was not awarded the position until after Andre's injury.... want that part posted up here also.... no problem. Nickelbacks must tackle well... If you need this broken down any further, I cannot help you.

[​IMG]

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:ha:

Whatever.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Thats true Brian, Woolfolk was a dominating shut down CB but because Hill didn't tackle well they decided to play Hill on the outside against the better WRs for 100% of the defensive plays and Woolfolk on the inside for the 50% or so nickel plays. Sometimes you just don't get it Brian.

8. I didn't say it Brian.... Jeff Fisher did and during the season, it proved itself. Hill would be in place to make plays sometimes, and sometimes he would (don't count the 3 ints because all three came straight to him no play to be made like fielding a punt almost). Don't blame me for bringing the low tackling ability to light (last season - sure he's working on it and will improve), blame SportsCenter. Although I did watch the games and I am sure everyone did and knows this is true.

Gunny - Nothing against Hill personally, just making a point backing up what I said as true

I like your ability - Brian - and Soxcats ability to ignore the quote I posted from Fisher. I did the same thing you did. Soxcat, your sarcastic comment following this one is just stamped with what Fisher said. It has nothing to do with Brian or I. Here it is again and your personal copy of the book that can help you out as well:
    Coach Fisher's Monday report
    HEAD COACH JEFF FISHER, Oct. 10, 2005

(on the nickel defense packages and rookie Reynaldo Hill)

Our nickel packages are basically week-to-week, and we’ll look at our opponent this week and see how we best match up. But, he [Reynaldo Hill] did fine. He missed a couple tackles, which you don’t want to see, but from an awareness standpoint and a coverage standpoint, I thought he did a nice job.

Andre [Woolfolk] was inside, familiar with his old position and did well in there.

That was directly from Jeff Fisher's comments but in case you are still having trouble understanding, I went ahead and did the research for another title. You may not be confident in the one provided for your buddy:

[​IMG]

Now, having said all this to you guys and respond however you will what you will.... .I won't continue this petticoat junction, doesn't make a difference, none of us make a difference in what is going to happen, so does it really matter conversation....

Jeff said it best but we didn't listen.

Whatever happens will happen and we will have to wait until mid-August/September to see how it all happens. Press on gentlemen, enjoy your publications, enjoy mini-camp and Camp ..... that's what I will do.... BYE BYE, REALLY....

P.S. All you that PMd me or will PM me, well chat later..... WU

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think Bush is gonna pull the troops and bring em to GoTitans.com to prevent the War that is brewin'

:brow:

10. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

:ha: he's strongly considering it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar