Corey Simon: what's the story?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chem, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

Official NFL.com stats have Simon with no tackles, no assists, no sacks through the first three games. Is he even playing? How much playtime -- how many snaps -- has he seen through the first three games?

This guy was All-Pro a few years ago. Is he really still a bust after sitting out last season?

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm sure he is still getting in playing shape. Besides, who is he going to play in place off? AH? T. Brown? They only kept 3 DTs active for the last game. He will get worked in as he gets in better shape. Right now he is only a backup DT on this team and barring injury might not get a bunch of playing time.

3. He was active against the Colts instead of Starks, perhaps to motivate him.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He was inactive against the Saints. We'll see if he ever gets substantial time.

I'm not bothered by it, our DTs are playing lights out.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I think he's been inactive two of the three games this year. Why not? Our defensive line is playing lights out right now, make him earn playing time.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

He's most likely not in playing shape yet.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

While on the subject, why did we trade for Bryce Fisher? He hasn't played yet either, what is his story?

8. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Probably trying to learn the playbook.

I thought for sure We'd have seen more of Simon by now......

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah Fisher has only been here what 1 or 2 weeks maybe. He needs more time to learn the playbook and scheme. He should be active for ATL.

Simon will slowly earn more and more time as the season progresses and he gets back into shape and knocks the rust off.

They will both be fine and be solid contributors as the season goes on.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

AT some point we are bound to have some injury that slows up either a DT or DE. Fisher and Simon will be solid depth. I was a little curious as to why Connover was playing instead of Fisher. learning the playbook at DE can't be that complicated although I did see us use Laboy one time in coverage Monday night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar