Corey Simon Visits

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcbeerbarian

jcbeerbarian Guest

simon is a washed up, disgruntled, has been with a mystery illness. why bring in a guy who's going down the curve instead of up it. Mahelona is only in his second year and on his way up the curve. Washburn is high on him and constantly praises him in practice. If you want to get rid of someone, it should be Long or starks, the wife beater. How about Laboy...maybe we could trade him for simon or rice. They probably know each other from sitting in the infirmary together the last few years.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what is a beerbarian?

3. jcbeerbarian

jcbeerbarian Guest

one who likes beer, gunny

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i don't know if i want us to sign Simon...

but clearly we need to sign someone on the DLine.....we were thin at DLine before we decided against signing a FA and letting R.Smith go....then we were even thinner after our only 2 DLine draft picks went down with injuries....

without addressing the DLine depth (not to mention upgrading the talent), we could be setting ourselves up for a bad situation....

IMO, we've been crossing our fingers we stay healthy on the DLine and everyone performs to their potential ever since we decided to not use a 1st day draft pick on a DE...

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

And don't forget the plan with the D Line is not to have 4 starters and that's it... they want to rotate them constantly so they stay fresh. We need at least 2 deep at every position to do that, plus solid #3s to pick up when we get the inevitable injuries. I have no opinion on Simon, really - injuries happen and Titans can guard themselves by structuring his deal correctly. The fact that the Colts let him go means nothing to me - they prefer lighter, faster guys... hence their perennially horrible run D. He has a good history, so there is at least cause to believe he could continue that for a few years in the right environment.

6. NationofVols

NationofVols Camp Fodder

He only missed the whole season last year and has been on the PUP list ever since. Then consider that they just lost Booger McFarland for the season, I seriously doubt they "just wanted to test out their younger players".

He's damaged goods with the polyarthritis. He didn't do much for the Colts in 2005 when he was healthy and he might be in the same boat as Al Wilson and Simeon Rice and can't pass a physical.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Simon=Over-the-hill damaged piece of goods...

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I believe Washington faded into existance on the Raiders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar