Corey Lynch sees opportunity

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

CINCINNATI Safety Corey Lynch, signed by the Titans last Sunday, is expected to see his first preseason action tonight against Cincinnati.

The 28 year-old Lynch played strong safety in San Diego last season, but the Titans want him concentrating on free safety. He could be in a good situation with Tennessee, since Robert Johnson – considered the back-up free safety at the start of training camp – was cut last week.

Al Afalava spent most of last week as the Titans’ second-string free safety, but Afalava’s background is more of a strong safety.

“I appreciate the Titans bringing me in, and I really like the people I’m playing with right now – smart guys like Bernard Pollard and Michael Griffin,” said Lynch, a five-year NFL veteran.

“I think I’m above the learning curve because I’ve been doing it for so long. Football is football. There’s 11 men and there’s only certain things you can do. So everything is pretty similar, just different terminology. Once I get the terminology down, I’ll be ready.”

Lynch has played in 68 NFL games, starting 12. He has five career interceptions, including two last season for San Diego.

“I guess my stats speak for themselves,” said Lynch, who also had 24 collegiate interceptions at Appalachian State. “That’s what I love to do is get after the ball. But I’ll do anything they want me to.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Maybe he'll be some miracle star player and will allow us to cut Whiffin!

Or maybe he'll be an average starter, and we can still cut Whiffin!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

or maybe he will only slightly suck, and we can cut Whiffin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar