Corey Davis. Where are you?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

So you agree he is infinitely better than Mariota.

2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

He is better, I ain't blind!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SouthSide1

SouthSide1 615 STRONG

This thread is about CD84 but as I read the opinions it comes back to the same thing. QB play and play calling. Tannehill gives us a better chance to move the ball thru the air but Smith is like a Murlarkey protégé. It's like one step forward and one step back. Tannehill is more accurate than Mariota but imo he's held back due to Arthur Smith's playcalling.We need a fresh creative OC who can utilize our playmakers. that's been a problem for years with this Franchise.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I feel like they have been stuck in the type of playcalling that we are getting most of the Mariota era. Regardless of HC or OC, we would end up reverting back to the same play types. Now that we are using Tannehill, that system needs to be scrapped. After the end of the season I expect to see Art go back to position coaching and we bring in a more open offensive minded OC. Atleast that is my hope.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. SouthSide1

SouthSide1 615 STRONG

That is my hope as well. The play calling is too predictable. It's bad enough with Vrabel making random 4th down calls. We have too much talent to be ranked near the bottom on offense.

6. Sirclubbs

Sirclubbs Camp Fodder

Not love, just looking at the big picture...fun fact Aaron Rodgers and mariota had similar qbr last year....why?

7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

That is an excellent question because Mariota wasn't even a bump on the ass of Rodgers last season. My first answer would be that proves that qbr is broken.

8. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Davis could have tried to dive on the deep ball up the left sideline. It wasn't that bad. The endzone ball was underthrown by Tannehill though.

9. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

If he were taken 2nd round, there would be a case for benefit of the doubt...

not 5th overall tho...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. Sirclubbs

Sirclubbs Camp Fodder

Or aaron rodgers played conservative due to changes
    Or changes affected his play....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar