Corey Davis. Where are you?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

A.J. Brown Advanced Stats, Metrics and Analytics Player Profile

Corey Davis - Player Profile Advaned Football Stats, Metrics & Analytics

2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Their catch rate is exactly the same . The yardage is virtually the same. Brown is slightly higher in YPC, but the sample size is small and he had a couple of huge freebie gains against some bad defenses. Again, I'm not sure what you are getting at.

I think it's just the expectations you all have. You'd be blasting Brown for dropping the pass against Indy , or being unable to get the first against LA had we lost, simply because he'd be the #5 pick and should do no wrong

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I posted the links because I think it is a good analysis. They only have Davis at one drop and Brown at zero- so meh- maybe a toss up. My eye test says Davis less reliable on contested balls and he doesn't lay out in attempt to catch an overthrown ball. I've seen about 3 or 4 that I shook my head saying at least attempt.

Anyway you're spot on that I expect more from Davis being drafted at #5.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Meh. You and many others would have said this was a great Mary game.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I get why people are higher on Brown. But he's on pace to be much less productive than Davis was a year ago when the QB couldn't grip the ball and the defense was focused on him. The offensive game plan is clearly failing a lot of players, and the lack of decent opportunities makes people nitpick more than they should.

6. Carp

Carp Starter

Winston throws jump balls to Evans constantly. Yes he's a gifted receiver, but he gets opportunities to show off his skills. How many times do we throw Davis jump balls? Hell, how many times was he even targeted yesterday?

Kinda hard to make plays when they don't throw it to you. When he's targeted, he generally balls out like he did vs San Diego.

7. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

We will never have a true number 1 receiver with this archaic, predictable 'run, run, pass' offensive philosophy our coaches are stubbornly persisting with.

The game plan was especially moronic considering the Bucs are the number 1 ranked rush defense and 32nd ranked pass defense.

Julio Jones would probably only get 3 targets a game in this offense.

As Jimmy on MCM said: 'The Titans are still an “establish the run stuck in the 1980’s” football team. Their ceiling will be around .500 as long as they stick to that mentality.'

8. Sirclubbs

Sirclubbs Camp Fodder

Soooooo why was Mariota benched again?

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  9. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Because he is terrible

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Yep there would be threads popping up one after the other talking about how great Mariota was with 3tds 0 ints and how he led that drive for a TD to Brown to seal the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar