Corey Davis. Where are you?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EFEXizBACK

EFEXizBACK Starter

AJ Brown a beast man. 2 catches on that 1 target

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Don't disagree with what you're saying but I was at the game. I watched CD84 on many routes. He just wasn't open. I think CD84 is just alright- a #1 v #2. I haven't seen him lay out for a ball.

And if it's the system/play-calling, how does that explain the difference in productivity of AB11?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

Where is Corey Davis? About two yards short of a deep ball.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

That deep ball was under thrown

5. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

We're not talking about just the Bucs game, the entire season I would say AJ has made more of an impact and really asserts himself. He makes a catch and his YAC is the part of a #1. Turns nothing into something. Corey on the other hand is just another guy such as Taj.

6. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Tammy had a Tammy game. This is what Miami fans have been disgruntled with him about. There will be games where he looks great but expect this more often, sound familiar? He was given the ball 2x under 10 yards of the end zone and did what he was supposed to and threw nice td strikes. But outside of that it was just below average.

7. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

there was another in the second half that was overthrown/underrun but really corey davis just seems kind of useless in deep ball situations. but maybe that's just our offense as a whole

8. EFEXizBACK

EFEXizBACK Starter

I quoted the "AJ had 1 target". I have no idea why you quoted me and said that. Has absolutely nothing to do with what I quoted.

9. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Just a healthy conversation dude. Not intending to call you out

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

What difference are you talking about? Brown is averaging 2 more yards per game. And nearly half of his yardage has come on 3 PA passes against busted coverage on some of the least undisciplined teams in the league. He's been no more of a consistent presence than anyone.

Regarding the separation issue- Kevin Dyson said he knew exactly what play that we were going to run based on alignment without even watching any of our tape. Imagine what an experienced DC sees. There were clips on Twitter of the defense reacting to the plays before they even had an opportunity to unfold. It doesn't matter how good the players are, if the defense knows what's coming, it's going to be nearly impossible to move the ball. Which is why Tannehill is having to be so aggressive and throw into tight windows, because the defenders are practically running the routes themselves.

I saw this thing unfold years ago with Rodgers in GB. Which is why he became a heel for the league, because he was so visually frustrated that every DC had deciphered the offense and he had to play out of his mind in order to overcome that. That's the kind of QB talented needed in order for these receivers to meet our expectations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar