Corey Davis opinion poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JustAFan, Aug 8, 2018.

?

What do you think about Corey Davis

Poll closed Aug 17, 2018.
  1. Amazing Talent, will overcome this history of injuries and be a great #1 receiver

36 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Amazing Talent, injury prone, injuries will prevent him from realizing his potential.

25 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. Over rated talent, will over come injuries to be a mediocre receiver.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Over rated talent, injury prone, injuries will turn him into a complete draft bust.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Why stop there?

Tom Brady, 6th round.

Tom Brady is the standard.

Literally everyone we have ever picked has been a bust. In fact, every pick ever has been a bust outside of Tom Brady. Peyton Manning? Bust. Dan Marino? Bust. Randy Moss? Bust.

Stop me when this logic starts to sound ****ing stupid.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

LMAO

or you could just compare Hammy Davis, jr to guys who are more comparable in draft position and see where that gets you?

Amari Cooper
    Julio Jones
    AJ Green
    Sammy Watkins

Just to name a recent few..but you do you bro..keep comparing him to the GOATs

#82 Jwill1919, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It’s reasonable to expect he be available more often than not.

I’ll say it again- nobody has written him off. But it’s year two and we haven’t seen as much as we’d expect. It is reasonable to question if we will and if it was a #5 pick wisely spent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Riverman

Yeah but his point was nobody that was a top pick in that class had significantly contributed to their team. It was simply a wrong statement.

5. JustAFan

JustAFan Starter

Don't forget Bart Starr, drafted 17th round!
    Starting QB on 5 nfl championship teams!
    As many as Brady.
    (Otto Graham was starting QB on 7 championship teams, but I think he pre dated drafting.)

6. Danimal

Danimal Starter

I keep hearing that our passing game was terrible last year. At what point do we acknowledge that if C.D. was catching balls every game it might not have been so terrible ?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

Sammy Watkins injuries are worse than CD's. The rest are just good players. Not JWill, but some people should just be happy we don't have someone like Perriman, who even when he plays sucks and drops everything. It would of been even worse had we drafted Mike Williams or John Ross.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

what's his number?

9. Riverman

Other teams bad picks don’t justify ours. Now- AGAIN- I’m not out on Davis. I honestly think he’ll begin to contribute at a high level. But it IS reasonable to question that and the worthiness of picking him at #5 at this point based off of his production.

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Matt Ryan threw for 1,000 yards more the season after Mularkey left than he averaged per season with Mularkey as OC. There is pretty damning evidence that the ceiling for the passing game is very low with him as a coach.
    Some of these top 10 picks "produced" just like Cyprien or Michael Griffin "produced".

1. Myles Garrett- Solid, not special session. "Above Average" per PFF
    2. Trubisky- Who cares
    3. Solomon Thomas-Terrible. "Poor" per PFF
    4. Fournette- 3.9 YPC, underwhelming yards after contact for big guy without much 3rd down ability. Run of the mill RB. "Average" per PFF
    5. Davis-Injured. You know the rest. "Below Average" per PFF
    6. Jamal Adams- "Below Average" per PFF. Byard had a much better rookie season.
    7-8 - injured guys who did nothing
    9. McAffrey- okay season. More of a utility back. I'd prefer Dion Lewis. "Average" per PFF
    10. Mahomes- played 1 game.

As I said, there are many teams hoping to see major improvement in Year 2.

#90 abc2330, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar