Corey Davis opinion poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JustAFan, Aug 8, 2018.

?

What do you think about Corey Davis

Poll closed Aug 17, 2018.
  1. Amazing Talent, will overcome this history of injuries and be a great #1 receiver

36 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Amazing Talent, injury prone, injuries will prevent him from realizing his potential.

25 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. Over rated talent, will over come injuries to be a mediocre receiver.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Over rated talent, injury prone, injuries will turn him into a complete draft bust.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Corey Davis has 65 targets. In 2016, Tajae had 83 targets to be exact.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

If you use the most accurate site.

I've seen Davis range from 65 to 80.

Targets may be a good stat but it needs to be correct to be valuable and sites that track it can vary. If you're using one of the more well known sites, its 65 and not 80. (Yes, I saw that stat too where a site said he had 80)

3. JustAFan

JustAFan Starter

There are other factors.
    In 2016, the run game was working well, leading to more open receivers.
    In 2017, the run game was not working so well, leading to more 3rd and long, 2 wide receiver sets that made it much more difficult for receivers to get open, exotic smash mouth fails.

I.E.
    If Davis had played in 2016, and Sharpe in 2017, I think Davis would have better numbers than Davis' 2017 number, and Sharpe worse numbers.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Thank you for mentioning this. I said this before with regards to receiver production and people basically pushed it aside. It makes a HUGE difference when a defense knows you can run the rock. They have to play up and more honest. We couldn’t run for crap last year and we were much more predictable with Murray down. That’s exactly why I am interested to see how we do this year

5. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

Thank God you're not a lions fan because you would of wanted Staffords head for being the #1 Pick and missing so much time.. oh wait he turned out fine.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

thank God I wasn't a Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, David Carr, Ki-Jana Carter, etc fan either.

Hindsight is 20/20. Get your logic straight.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I'm curious, was there anything official on Corey tonight, why didn't he play?

8. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

the difference is, everyone you just named was actually bad and showed no potential when they played. Corey has already showed us he is capable of making big plays.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

For Davis, # Big plays = # drops. And both those < # games/practices missed.

Your point was giving up on a #1 pick. Get your logic straight.

I’m not out on Davis. Yet. But only a fanatic holds hope of production in higher regard than actual production when evaluating a player.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

giving up on a 1st round pick because he is bad, is completely different than giving up on a 1st round pick because they havent played much. Corey Davis has clearly shown the ability to impact football games. Outside of that nobody knows whether he is choosing not to play/practice or if he's being held out, so it's premature to judge him for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar