Corey Davis opinion poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JustAFan, Aug 8, 2018.

?

What do you think about Corey Davis

Poll closed Aug 17, 2018.
  1. Amazing Talent, will overcome this history of injuries and be a great #1 receiver

36 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Amazing Talent, injury prone, injuries will prevent him from realizing his potential.

25 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. Over rated talent, will over come injuries to be a mediocre receiver.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Over rated talent, injury prone, injuries will turn him into a complete draft bust.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If you are making a fair and non fanatical assessment, he missed a lot camp last year and this year, missed games last year, contributed very little during the regular season, had few if any game changing plays and every great grab you reference was equaled by a drop ball or incorrect route.

I’m not out on Davis. But only fan would rationalize what we invested in him, namely a #5 pick, has yielded a worthy return. He is thus far repeating what he did last year, a few brilliant catches, a few bad drops, and time off from injury. I went to camp and saw his peak performance catches. But we’ll only see those contribute to the team if he is on the field and has the reps necessary for Marcus to have chemistry with him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

FWIW, he is in Green Bay. The notable players with injuries are not.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
  3. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

So you're not gonna include the yards and TD's in the playoffs?

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Of course not. His per game average in regular season and playoffs was right in line with or better than these other guys. The injury worries are a far bigger issue than rookie production, which means nothing in most cases. People are right to be frustrated about that, though nobody truly knows what is going on.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

No, I just listed regular season stats which are all that are usually kept by the NFL

6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

So far he reminds me a lot of Justin Hunter. Hate that we didn't find anyone willing to trade up for the 5th pick.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hunter couldn't get separation vs our DBs at a time when we had the worst DBs.

Davis is out there beating Butler, Logan and Adoree.... Those 2 are not the same

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Sorry, I should stop drinking and posting. There is enough of that going on already. It makes me get super butthurt

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I don't mean that specific. I mean in the hype, the potential, the hope, and never really living up to it. There is still plenty of time for him, but so far I have not been impressed.

10. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

It will be amazing to see Corey beasting and this offense running on all cylinders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar