Corey Davis opinion poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JustAFan, Aug 8, 2018.

?

What do you think about Corey Davis

Poll closed Aug 17, 2018.
  1. Amazing Talent, will overcome this history of injuries and be a great #1 receiver

36 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Amazing Talent, injury prone, injuries will prevent him from realizing his potential.

25 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. Over rated talent, will over come injuries to be a mediocre receiver.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Over rated talent, injury prone, injuries will turn him into a complete draft bust.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Those are the kind of things that can be coached and fixed. The explosiveness to get to the goal line is heart and talent. That play was frustrating, but he'll continue to improve.

Glad he's back at practice and balling. As long as his hammy doesn't blow up, I'm not too worried about him. I'm more worried about what's going on with Evans TBH, which also sounds like a hammy issue.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yes. I think he was also making the point that who else could we have used that #5 pick on that WOULD have contributed more. I also think I get where he’s going with the point, I just disagree and don’t his point was accurate. Top ten picks are expected to contribute right away and most of those picked in Davis’s class did.

3. Riverman

I agree. I think he’ll continue to improve and contribute. And it’s OK to be patient with him. It’s just that at #5, it is justified and reasonable to have expected more production his rookie year.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You keep trying to hammer that last point home, and it is simply incorrect. The majority of the players in the Top 10 were either injured or didn't play(Davis, Ross, Williams, Mahomes), or played at the level of a replacement player (Thomas, Trubisky, Adams). That leaves 2 running backs who averaged under 4 YPC, and the #1 pick, who was solid, but unspectacular.

Compare that to the 16 class, with Bosa, Ramsey, Elliott, Conklin, Staley, Buckner. They blow away any of the performances the '17 Top 10 rookies had.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Generally speaking a top 5 pick should give you a lot more than what CD has given us

Yes hes been hurt so we give him a pass but top 5 picks suppose to develop into beasts

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Development takes more than one season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

I agree

I love Davis. I'll give him the same courtesy I give most guys, and see this years growth b4 labeling him

But 5th picks should become great, if he doesnt, it will be sad

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

CJMFRD will have 2000 yards this season, just to make up for last year.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Riverman

You keep saying that and it is incorrect. Fournette had 9 TD and over 1000 yds. That’s more than a “replacement” player. He contributed. Trubisky played in 12 games, had 9 TD’s. He contributed. Adams played in all 16 games, had a couple of sacks and over 70 tackles. He contributed. Garrett played 11 games, 7 sacks, 31 tackles. He contributed. Mcaffrey played in 16 games, 7 TDS, over 1000 combined yards. He contributed.

Dude- GIVE IT UP. You are just WRONG about top 10 picks not contributing that year. They did. And significantly.

10. JCBRAVE

I just need 1200 yards out of him to win some moolah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar