Corey Davis opinion poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JustAFan, Aug 8, 2018.

?

What do you think about Corey Davis

Poll closed Aug 17, 2018.
  1. Amazing Talent, will overcome this history of injuries and be a great #1 receiver

36 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Amazing Talent, injury prone, injuries will prevent him from realizing his potential.

25 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. Over rated talent, will over come injuries to be a mediocre receiver.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Over rated talent, injury prone, injuries will turn him into a complete draft bust.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

...... and we passed on 'injury prone at the time' Lattimore for him.

I'm JS

and for our sakes, I hope it was just precaution trying not to KEVIN DODD him by holding out.......

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

IR All-Star.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

you completely misspelled Defensive Rookie of the Year...

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I’d say AJ Green because of his build and explosiveness.

#134 GeronimoJackson, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm gonna be pissed when this thread gets locked by season's end and I can't bump it when CJMFRD has 1200 yards.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. aztitans

aztitans Starter

I think Corey Davis is similar to two Atlanta Falcon WRS, I think his floor is Roddy White and his ceiling is Julio Jones. Great WR's usually show glimpses of greatness in there first 2 years. I can remember Jerry Rice scoring 15tds as rookie on just 900 yds but dropping many passes in his rookie 85 season, Michael Irvin couldn't stay healthy his first 3 season's averaging about 500-600 yds per season and playing about 8or 9 games per year with Dallas 88-90 before exploding in 91 (1500 yds) with Emmitt and Troy fully healthy. I do remember Irvin putting 3 tds on Darrell Green in 88 his rookie year, and I told people this will be the best WR in couple years, after signed JJ as coach and they drafted Troy with first pick in 89 I told all my friends that Dallas would be the team of the decade, they all laughed. Corey Davis has played in about 10 games put up 375, no Tds, but has played in 2 playoff games as has 2 TD's and would have had another in Chiefs game if Mariota hadn't over shot him, it's okay as both players were injuried through most of offseason and through most of the season as well, timing will be much better this year. I predict Corey Davis will have min of 1200 yds and 10 Tds. with 1500 yds and 17 Tds as possiblility. I certainly don't remember Jerry Rice or M. Irvin or Randy Moss scoring Multiple Tds as rookies in playoff games. I know Jerry Rice had great run in 88 his fourth yr in league and Larry Fitgerald in 08 playoffs but that was his 5th year in league, and they had Joe Montana and Kurt Warner throwing to them to hall of famers. The key is Corey has been clutch in the only games that have mattered the playoffs, who gives a flying(F) if he doesn't play in preseason, all the more to shock and awe when the regular season roles around.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. JustAFan

JustAFan Starter

This is not a "dump on Davis" thread. It was meant to find out the opinions of the fans, how many thought he would overcome injuries, how many thought he would not.

P.S.
    The "overcome" peeps outnumber the "not" peeps, right now!

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Dude has the most ability of any WR on the squad...He just has to put it all together and stay healthy.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

How does that really matter to JR and the Titans though? It doesn't. Titans had a few needs, JR addressed 2 in the 1st round. Jackson has been very solid and is only going to improve. Davis has shown flashes, but battled injuries. Many of the WR's from that draft had injury plagued seasons. I'm hoping Davis gets healthy too and has a breakout year, but WR is often the position that takes a bit longer for young guys to get going.

10. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

If we're doing the '17 draft over today, and we're at #5 and have to take a WR, CD is absolutely the pick again. There's no one else that has his ceiling in that draft, he's still easily the best pick at that position.

John Ross can't run a route, Mike Williams hasn't even shown a thing, and both of those guys have injury issues too - worse than CD even. JuJu Smith-Schuster is the only one who even deserves consideration, and he went into a good offense and carved himself out a nice role, but his ceiling is still lower than CD.

Davis can be Brandon Marshall or Jordy Nelson for us. Just gotta stay healthy.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar