Cooper vs Warmack

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Mar 26, 2013.

?
  1. Chance Warmack

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. Jonathan Cooper

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You're the only one who seems to be obssesed with his 40 time. His 40 time isn't all there is to him and it's not what has draft analysts looking at his tape and concluding he is just as good as Warmack. His tape is extremely impressive and if you don't agree then I'm not sure what to tell you except that you are in the minority.

This kid can do it all and will only get bigger and stronger in under an NFL weight program. His coaching staff made the entire O-line lose weight for this season. In the couple of weeks between his last game and the combine he gained enough weight to be only 5 lbs lighter than Warmack. Oh and please find me this tape in which Cooper is getting dominated, I'll show you the LSU game where Chance got driven into his QB and failed to reach his mark in order to block for his RB on more than one screen play.That's not to say Chance isn't good but more to show that these plays alone don't tell the whole story.

Cooper's 40 time comes into play because it serves to confirm the athleticism we already knew he had and is probably the only area where he is clearly superior to Warmack and any other OG prospect. Stop trying to use the fact that he is fast to discredit him as an overall player. This isn't madden where a guy is exclusively finesse or power, in the real NFL guys who have the strengths of both. You really have no argument against him as a player so I'm not sure why you keep trying to discredit him. Every argument you've made against him has already been refuted.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

No one was saying this before we got Levitre. Guards were gods among men on this board. People were offering their first-born for Warmack at 10.I know getting a quality OG is no longer as crucial as it was but we will take one whether it be in the 1st or the 5th. I've personally warmed up to the possibility of Ziggy in the 1st and Warford in the 2nd.

This is a relevant/interesting conversation to engage in, I'm sorry if you disagree. Let's be real we're all just killing time till the draft anyways.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

So you'd be fine if we played the same guards as last year??

However I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Amano sliding back to guard or maybe I just havent seen it... Anyway if we insist on keeping him on the roster, I believe they should move him to RG, which eliminates the immediate need for drafting an interior lineman.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's not about an immediate need to draft a RG. We have signed 2 2nd level guys to compete for a starting job along with Velasco and Amano. So already we have 4 guys to compete for 2 starting spots inside.

It's about getting a guy who can be a stud for many years long after. A guy like Warmack could be like a Larry Allen. A Hutchinson, Faneca or will shields who plays a decade and makes the pro bowl most of those years.

People argue superficially that because Cooper is a faster guy he is better suited to a back like CJ but CJ might only be here for one more year. You draft for the next 5 years!

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm sick of people talking about how guards don't matter or how LT is everything. The browns have a hof LT in Joe Thomas and they have sucked his whole career. Their line is not physical and they don't run block well. They should be drafting Warmack.

I'm sick of people who think a guy like Floyd would be worth a super high pick, even a first pick but a guy who can block him would not be. Who could best block a Wilfork, a Floyd? Warmack. Fluker probably 2nd.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What we are doing with Amano and with these other linemen signings is giving ourselves options at draft time. We gain little on the cap by releasing Amano now.

If something happened where a QB or 2 came off the board, somebody like the Jags made an off the wall pick where a Milliner or Floyd fell to us we can pounce on that. We are not desperate now at guard and center.

If the draft goes a certain way where they think that Warmack is far and away the best player on the board they can still take him and if he is still there is will be the best player on the board.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

How can I agree with you so much on most issues yet we disagree so fiercely on this Cooper/Warmack thing? Dare I ask if there is a bit of homerism to this?
    P.S. my argument for Cooper is not 40 time based, let's get that out of the way.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd like to have two guys who are competent. Spending a top ten pick on a guard is stupid.

Give me an offensive line that plays well together over a wasted top ten pick on an interior lineman. That's what we used to have. Zach Piller and Benji Olsen were not the most athletic or powerful guys at their positions but were 2/5 of five guys working together in unison. Eugene Amano should have never been moved to center and Leroy Harris didn't know what they hell he was doing.

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Guards matter, just nowhere nearly as much as tackles or centers.

Most important to an offense in order: Franchise Quarterback, Left Tackle, Center.

Hate it or not it's the truth. Why do you think players drafted that fail at tackle, are relegated to playing guard? Guard is the easiest position to play on the O-line, that's a fact.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I disagree that guards aren't as important.

I was about to make a thread the other day asking what your least favorite cliche is in the NFL.

Mine was guards are not worth a high pick/serious money. Why? Because the one position on defense that everyone gets a hard on over are defensive tackles that command double teams.

One dominant DT can turn your entire defense around and destroy all your hopes on offense. Guard is probably the most underrated position right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar