Cooper vs Warmack

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Mar 26, 2013.

?
  1. Chance Warmack

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. Jonathan Cooper

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Thank you, I don't understand the perception that Warmack has no movement skills he wouldn't be ranked so highly if he was a one trick guard. The only thing night and day between them is Warmack's power. Watch tape Cooper is a wall off blocker with above average movement skills, Warmack will step into the league as a top interior run blocker and may need a year or two to refine his pass blocking but I'll take that over a guy who can pass block and is simply a wall of run blocker.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm still on the Warmack train, pickup him... then in the following rounds anything from WR, CB, S, DE, or ILB... or even a fallen center (ala Barrett Jones).

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I've liked Warmack more than Cooper all along, no reason to change my mind on that.

But watching that video made me like Eddie Lacy even more. I know there's about a 99.999% chance we don't draft a RB in the 1st round, but man it's refreshing to see a RB (who we have a shot to get) run hard and never stopping turning his feet. I miss that.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

This is such a strawman argument. You are acting as if all Cooper is is fast. He has better feet, he's better in pass pro, and he's just as good in run blocking. He also hit 225 35 times, same as Chance so why is he so much weaker all of a sudden? And the reason his speed is even brought up is because his tape is very impressive.

Oh and for the person who said Cooper needs to bulk up, he's only 6 pounds lighter than Chance so if Cooper needs to bulk up so does Warmack. Warmack just looks like a "mauler" because his upper body is fat. People keep bringing up that Warmack is so much more "physical", but that's bull Cooper is just as physical, tape doesn't lie. Warmack was getting worked in that LSU game. At one point he almost got driven into the QB a la Amano. Warmack still a bad mofo though.

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Yes everyone just labels Chance a mauler because of his fat upper body without ever watching tape of him.

Bench Press does not always convert to strength while playing football. Tape makes it pretty evident Chance is stronger.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I'm not saying he only got labeled a mauler because of his upper body, his play did that. What I mean is that his upper body makes him LOOK much more like a mauler than Cooper. I may love Cooper but i'm not dumb enough to think Warmack isn't a total beast. I just think Cooper is just a beastly plus more mobile and vesatile :) .

I do agree that bench strength doesn't always translate but we will continue to disagree about Cooper's strength. In his case I think it does. The tape I've seen shows me he is plenty strong. Only tape I saw him get driven back in was against Maryland but by the second quarter he had adjusted and was back to dominating.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

They are both good we just disagree on who is better no big deal. I like debating.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Me too. I love that you can do that without people getting all pissy on this board. Most people on the internet these days are really sensitive.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

From the video I don't see how Warmack is considered such a "mauler". He doesn't get much movement on the DL (though part of that is scheme) and he rarely blocks 1-on-1, it's nearly always a combo block with the T or C. And he whiffs on some of the pulls.

He still looks good, but I don't see a significant quality difference in the two. And for a highlight video I would have expected more.

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Man I just saw Warmack working out at the Alabama pro day and he looks like a tub-o-lard. He reminds me of Andre Smith from the Bengals and that's not a good thing. I dunno he just looks slow and out of shape to me, but maybe it's just me who knows? I mean I hear over and over that he's the top guard from all the analysts, but to me I just think Cooper would be a better fit for us.

I don't think it really matters because the closer to the draft we get it seems less and less likely that we'll be going after a guard at 10.

I suppose in a perfect world we'd have one of the top 3 OT's fall to us, along with Cooper and Warmack. Being able to trade back and then be able to take one of the two would seem ideal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar