Cooper Out for the Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JR1980, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I am sure that most of you saw that Jonathan Cooper broke his leg, and most likely, his season is over. I hate to see this happen to any player, and I wish him a speedy recovery. I know that the Titans were interested in him as well and man did we apparently dodge a bullet. It got me thinking about Warmack, and praying that he stays healthy. Do you guys think we have the depth to keep this run game going if somehow Warmack goes down? I would HATE to see us lose this running game. Thoughts?

2. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I don't see how we dodged a bullet..

Warmack may have had his leg broke as well if he were in the situation Cooper was in.

I think our run game will be fine even if he goes down. Our offensive line has improved in more areas than just his guard position.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

You need to look up individuation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individuation

Cooper was not destined to break his leg. A random series of events led to it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Lets not read too much into it. All I am saying is that it would suck to lose our 1st rd draft pick/guard Warmack. I do think he is a presence and losing someone with that type of ability and potential with high hopes just plain sucks. It just got me thinking about the depth on our line and the fact that we haven't had any season ending or major injuries thankfully. Thanks for the school lesson Hammer. lol

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It is good. And our depth on the interior OL is actually pretty good. It is OT I am more worried about. And FS. We have nothing backing up FS.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea tough break for Cooper and the Cardinals. Better them than us though.

Titan fans know their pain. Losing Kenny for 2011 sucked.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I agree. I was thrilled to see how serious the Titans took upgrading the O-Line this offseason! They not only brought in new starters, but also ensured quality depth as well.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah. I was really happy to see them beef up the line this year. It was both important for CJ and the running game, as well as for Locker. Now the Defense can be improved this next offseason hopefully. I think Warmack is going to fit in great!

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah Hammer. We are terrible at OT/FS depth...God help us if someone goes down.

10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Sucks for Arizona. But we have WARmack. Guy is going to be a beast for years to come. Have you actually watched his play on the O line? I took the time and watched just him and no one else on game film. He's gonna be alright. Also did the same with Schwenke...guy is good (although it was against 2nd and 3rd stringers.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar