Cook and Reese to Meet to Discuss McNair Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Damn, you took the words out of my mouth. I was just thinking, "Well, Billick got a SB ring with Dilfer, so there's that".

Look, I think if we build the D up and the QB can at least play "effectively" (i.e he doesn't have to be a superstar), we'll at least be .500. Which I'll take right now...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bilick won a superbowl with the defense. Dilfer just made sure he didnt stuff up and he only had to play half the season.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Dilfer was the perfect QB for that team at that time. He was not relied on to win games. He was just asked to keep from making the mistakes to lose them. Hand off the ball. Make good reads. Conservative offense. And he did a good job with it.

Few teams before or since have had the defense which gave the team the luxery of having a QB who didn't have to make more plays.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We have the personnel for a good defense, I am just wondering if we have the aggressive DC with the smarts on how the use them effectively.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2 games better with mcnair?

That's the difference between playoff and mediocrity. Obviously there has to be a new contract but it bothers me how so many just assume he will be gone and don't really care.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

gotta move on. Nothing we can do about it.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny...

Except for the 2 free agent signings it is the same defense that finished 29th in scoring defense with the same genius coordinator. I guess there is nothing that will get swartz out of here aside from some team wanting him as head coach.

We will not be drafting defense with our first pick and if we don't in rd 2 we will have no first day draft picks on that side of the ball.

While our defense will be improved is it going to be dominant enough to win with a lame QB?

Remember we don't have a pro bowl RB either.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You are making an assumption that a new contract will be worked out.
    You are the blind leading the blind.
    Nobody knows...

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Am i seeing things?

People using the ravens 2000 defense as some example up against this titan defense? What planet am i on?:sad2:

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sec...

I'm not assuming anything. It bothers me that so many don't care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar