Cook and Reese to Meet to Discuss McNair Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Reynaldology requires all first borns, whether they be male or female, to be named 'Reynaldo'

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Thanks guys...I shall take all advice (and religious context) into account...Of course, I still have to meet and marry player-to-be-named-later's mom

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

say that again? I didn't catch it the first time. Heresey Gunny? Or should we give him a second chance?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Second chance, we are a forgiving religion.

We will forgive McNair and agent as long as they repent.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

go read AFC's new post... :sad2:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I just did, I better send out some 'advice' to McNair and Volvo.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Bipolar on McNair/Cook...

"that's wak yo."

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The FO, for better or worse doesn't really want Mac around after this year because they don't want to carry that much CAP money at one position. They know whoever they draft will be the guy in year 2.

That is why they have given Mac a figure they can live with which will reduce the CAP this year and not be too much of a burden in years 2 and 3. If Mac insists on getting his 20 mil over 2 years he is gone.
    The best case scenario for the organization is for Mac to reduce his salary this year and let this year be his last. One last shot at the playoffs with the FO using the CAP savings to bolster the team some more. That is why the FO is not going to be too upset if they have to go with Volek this year while the rookie waits his turn because they can use the 10 mil to fill some mmore holes for a run if not this year 2 or 3 years down the road.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Remember when TO had the "phantom" injuries in an effort to gain leverage? Locking Steve out is an insurance policy against Cook and him making such a move.

Bottom line is the Titans are holding the cards in this deal. TJ's scenario (earlier post) is "spot on". McNair's market value goes down each day and especially past the draft.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

That is very sound logic and I agree 100%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar