Cook and Reese to Meet to Discuss McNair Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yvette

Yvette Starter

The impending draft is what told me this whole snafu was all about Bud being a buttinski with his timing. Maybe he shouldn't mix metamucil and prune juice in the early morning hours.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Cook has one more chance to milk his best producing cows before they go dry. You better believe he is driving alot of the "mo money" discussion with McNair and "mo play" with Farve.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I still think it gets worked out.

4. TitanJeff

But where does Bud get this kind of advice? I don't see him waking up and just calling down to BSP. This had to originate with Underwood who talked to Bud or made it happen with his blessing.

I wonder if we'll ever know.

5. danny

danny Guest

Jeff, Bud's done stuff like this dating back to the '70's. Firing Bum Phillips is one of his "seat of your pants" moves. He doesn't get advice. He doesn't think sometimes, he just reacts.

Chances are, if Fisher and Reese were in town, it would've have been the media circus it's become (Bus Cook is as much to blame for that though) if it would've even happened the way it did.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Chances are Bus had Steve wait until they were out of town before going to BSP, so to create what it is now. Bus Wreck was told about it in late March.

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

The reason it went down yesterday is because thats when the offseason conditioning program started. People need to give the conspiracy theories that anyone waited until Fisher and Reese were out of town a rest.

8. danny

danny Guest

I'm not looking for the guy on the grassy knoll, I'm just saying it would've been handled better if someone had control over the situation other than Bud.

9. TitanJeff

It's getting like Fisher and Reese can't both go somewhere because you never know when Bud might set fire to the house trying to cook.

One thing is clear, this kind of stuff didn't happen when Diamond was around.

10. Diamond has been gone for a few years and it's not like we saw it happen all the time since then. This is a fairly unique situation...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar