Cook and Reese to Meet to Discuss McNair Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

"If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Believe it or not I have to pay to come watch the games. :sad2:

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I don't believe in anything coming from Cook anymore. Neither should anyone else. He's simply trying to put as much pressure on the FO, to get the best deal possible for his client.
    The fact that he's not doing a very good job, is just sad.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I understood that much. But when you say "same contract numbers", that doesn't tell the story because it doesn't say what McNair would make in those other years, the signing bonus, how much is guaranteed, etc.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Tennessean also quotes Cook saying the Titans have sent them only one offer so far as well.

What gets me is this is all so predictable now. You can almost see it coming.

1. Both parties want new deal.
    2. Titans want to wait until after draft to get serious about negotiations.
    3. McNair wants to get deal done asap or be released. In order to make this happen, Cook makes statements to the media to get things moving ("doing his job")
    4. Reese responds with statesments to media but delays serious negotiations.
    5. Cook talks about other teams showing interest.
    6. Reese keeps on poker face as he is off scouting draft picks.
    7. The Titans lockout McNair to show him "who's boss".
    8. The parties finally sit down and discuss.
    9. Titans send another offer over which is considered a joke.
    10. Another Cook response (or three) in the media.
    11. The draft occurs.
    12. It hits the fan again as McNair misses mini-camp. Pressure on both sides now to get it finished. Titans need the money to sign draft picks.
    13. Deal finally gets worked out.

I still don't see anything serious happening for a few weeks if not longer. You'd hope it could be settled by late May just so it frees up some money to get some of those June cuts.

6. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

just release him already so that he can go to another team and have a chance to prepare for the season, you ain't treating him right anyway, and you don't deserve him!:grrr:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I think we should tell Bud Adams that Kimberly should be the new GM.:winker:

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

TJ, just curious comparing this scenario to your citing of Climbers article, which concludes McNair is gone. Which do you agree with more? I think this scenario (above, where it gets worked out after the draft) is still more likely...

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

if McNair wants to play hard ball, let him. The Titans don't have to resign/release him till the season starts (I think). let him go right before the season or bonus is due...that's mean isn't it:duckrun:

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

About the draft maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar