Cook and Reese to Meet to Discuss McNair Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I would be a lot more confident in our running game if we were doing more to help our O-line. I understand we have a lot of young linemen and getting them experience is good, but that's taking a big risk for this season. We saw last season how easily it is to be shut down when your running game goes under...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

apathy is the name of the game???

Don't care about underpaying an undervalued, talented qb too much... enough to put the franchise in jeopardy for what can amount to a 1999 Colts team...(loosely speaking)... I need to check for your reply that says

(3-13,3-13)=6 wins, 26 losses ... therefore... 13-3 is impossible...
    glass half empty without "I don't care" McNair?:hmm:

I need to go hunt that post up...
    I asked for your statisical argument King Analyst...
    you defered...:sad2:

quit asking leading questions if I have to come slap your opinion out of you.
    (honestly don't... I'm an attention whore)
    ...much like your boy Manning...:winker:

3. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Ive said all long that Steve gives us the best chance of winning this year and could in 2007 if our new qb gets injured or isnt ready to run our offense at the start of the season. I think we should offer a 2yr deal with an option for the 3rd year. The contract has to be fair for both sides and for the Titans that means the contract has to have a a cap # that is manageable. In the end it will be up to Steve if he stays or leaves. I hope he stays but we cant keep him unless he agrees to redo his contract.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=160033&postcount=52

5. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

That is a matter of opinion. I know he can still play. The the real issue is that the "problem," isn't McNair's problem is the managements. Mac already has a contract. My understanding is that even if they cut him or release them he still counts towards the cap this year.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He can still play, but I don't think he can still play as well as he did. He counts 23 million against the cap as it stands, but if we cut him, the 10 million he would be paid next year wouldn't count.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

We can't let that happen.

8. How so?

That's true of most players on the roster right now, and most players in the entire league. That's how a long term contract works...

9. If we cut him, he wouldn't be paid the $10M at all (at least not by us).

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Billick got lucky with Cunningham. Billick is perhaps the most overrated OC in years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar