Cook and Reese to Meet to Discuss McNair Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think the point is more that THIS team thinks he's more unreliable after he brought up retiring...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No one has compared the Ravens defense to the current Titans defense. Just making a point that a good/great defense can take you a long way especially if you are in transition.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gotitans...

That's lame. He only brought up retirement because of frustration over an injury.

What do you care about reliability anyway you want him gone. Why would you complain about him retiring whjen you want him out of here?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

RollTide putting words in peoples fingers again?

5. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Hey, uh, there's an opening at the middle school down the street here. I could make a few phone calls :brow:

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Mcnair's not coming back. It's not that people don't care but we don't really have a choice. Unless Steve decides to take a lot less money or something miraculous happens I don't think there's a very good chance of him coming back. Why would they draft a guy a #3 and sit him for two years? Sure, the Chargers have done that with Rivers and where has that taken them? No where. I just don't see it happening. As for no one caring, that's a crazy notion... I think we all care or we wouldn't be waisting so much time on this message board talking about it. How much loyalty should we have for players that don't have any loyalty for the fans?? If a player leaves it's because he's "doing what's best for his family" or "it's time for a change" or what ever. Steve has maid over $50 million with the Titans and I think he's going to be able to feed his family pretty well for the rest of all their lives. So, if money isn't an issue he should sign for what they offer him and stay loyal to the fans that have loved him over the years. He doesn't give a rats ars about being loyal. He's going to go where the money takes him. I wish he would step and take a little less money to stay with the team and fans that have always supported him. Kind of like "The Bus" did. He's not going to though, because we aren't going to pay him what he wants and the Titans aren't going to gaurantee two more years of starting. Where's the loyalty? I say if he wants to go then let him.

7. I agree with you, I am praying for the contract to be solved, because I believe in Steve and think that we are a better team with him than without him!!
    Everubody thinks that with Thornton and Hope we are a better defense and really I don't think so, we are improved but we don't have a shut down defense and that's why we need to keep the offense together to have a push and win more games this season, I hope that Steve really wants to retire a Titan, renegotiate his contract and play for us in the next 2 years.

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

So can anyone tell me if there's a viable way to live with his cap number for this year only and deal with the contract next offseason? If we cut Sirmon, who else could we cut or restructure to sign the draft class?

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I want to win next year also- I feel like I'm throwing good money after bad on my tickets with the past two seasons.

BUT, even if we had McNair another year- I'm betting we're going to see alot more running next year. I'm now OK if McNair is gone and Volek is in charge of a running offense. It's all predicated on a solid O-line, a BETTER defense and not getting behind early in the games like we did last year.

Hard for me to not to see Steve in two-tone blue, but I'm OK with it.

10. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

First off, that's freakin' funny. 2nd, there is a strong comparison between the Ravens in 2000 and the Steelers last yr. Good/great defense, strong running game. If we BUILD UP the defense (Ty Law anyone?), we could survive with Volek at the helm for a year or two. As an added bonus, then he becomes strong trade bait again...:greedy:

Now, I'm not even close to comparing the guys we have with Ray-ray and the Ratbirds of '00, but with a couple of decent moves, we could have a D comparable...Not sure about the DC, though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar