Contract talks slow...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dontdraftcutler, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Derek Anderson could be released by the Browns.

Rex Grossman will also be on the market. i think TN will look at the options before they sign Collins.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

You never fail to amaze me. Nothing we need more then an interception machine. Why not see if we cant get David Carr? Maybe we can talk Billy Volek into coming back and playing? Hell, how about just starting Chris Simms, that'd be smart, right Jesse?

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I remember this book I read in college that said all negotiations should just start in the middle, and it would save everyone a lot of time. I thought that was the stupidest thing I ever heard. But I believe it was on the mark now. Negotiating is a waste of time. Just pay the person what they are worth and move on. It's so simple. There is no way around getting to the dollar figure that it has to be. The Titans know the number. Collins knows the number. There's no reason to dilly dally around. And when it comes to salaries I always believe the amount you sign the player for today will be a bargain by next season. So all this positioning and negotiating, a waste of time and money that could be better spent on something else.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

You may think you're worth alot more than the next guy does.

I think this is what's happening now. The organization knows what it will give both of these guys. And it looks like it isn't what the players had in mind. One side or another isn't budging and unless either does, both AH and KC will have dissappointing departures from TN. .

You would be crazy to think they all haven't been trying.

Free agency is coming up quick and Albert will be gone within 10 mins. I doubt Collins gets too much interest but at the sametime who really knows. Probably a couple teams sniffing around. One thing is for sure. If we don't come to an agreement with Haynesworth, he will be gone.............. immediately.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I said in another post they can if they want to. They have $2M now, they'll have $8M more when they release Marvin. With that alone, they would have enough to sign Albert, and you can believe he would be tempted. I posted how everyone, especially the Titans, should fear AH going to a division rival. ALL the other teams in our division NEED AH more than any other position. Well, Jags need it all, but DT was a recent strength. FEAR IT. If he gets open, any division rival has enough to get it done. Haynesworth should and probably is considering the Colts above all, because he can play with Manning, get revenge on us, and stay in contention for a championship. Titans FO needs to WAKE UP! Everyone is hoping they'll do exactly what we're all afraid of them doing. Could they be any more myopic (short-sighted)? :grrr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar