Considering a MAC

Discussion in 'Gear' started by ammotroop, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's not that we couldn't get it if we fooled around a bit. The point is- us... apparently people that spend way too much time on computers, would still have quite a learning curve while switching to Mac.

So what do you think it's like for people that even suck at using PCs that they've been on for years casually?

Scary.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. It's frankly very easy and anyone that can't figure out how to use a Mac either has never used a computer before or simply hates change and refuses to take the time to learn the minor differences.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

*blink*

*blink blink*

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

See, that sounds like a slightly more modified version of the "macs are just simple, intuitive and easy, they just work" line that you think of so much. I don't think it's really true.

Yes, I can figure out how to do almost anything I want to do on a mac. I can also figure out how to fix any issue I've ever had with my PC. It's not about whether you can learn to do it, it's about the simpliciy. Apple doesn't live up to its claims of being super simple and intuitive.

I'm really taken aback by the extremes that a lot of people take when this discussion comes up. I'm totally fine that some people prefer Macs, and that they are better for some people. They aren't for me, and I think that, for a lot of people, they aren't worth the money. PCs aren't the devil, people (Avvie).

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm honestly not sure whether you're agreeing with me, or accusing me of having false misconceptions and having never touched a Mac before... what am I missing?

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Posts by Gloat and Gunny.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

And there is the key!
    When I buy a car, I don't want to install the alternator, AC compressor, tires and transmission myself after I buy it. When I drive a car, I don't want to stop and repair it at random intervals on a regular basis. I don't think I should have to be a mechanic in order to own and drive a car. Also, I believe I could build a car cheaper by getting the parts from Advance and building it myself, but how well do you think it will work, and for how long?

I'll ask: why do you think having problems to fix is normal, and should be considered normal?

I know. I'm posting from one right now. I'm just not using Windows.

For all the accusations that mac users are 'snobs', it could easily be pointed out how PC users are paranoid, defensive and hardheaded... as well as EXTREMELY uninformed.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

so ammo .... which one did ya get ?

9. It is true. I have seen it first hand over and over. Anyone who WANTS to learn how to use it can do it with little trouble. People who are scared of it, dogmatic about it, or refuse to do anything remotely different than what they are used to simply choose not to try.

There you go...

Based on what? I have still yet to see any evidence of that.

As a matter of fact, I just set up a long time Windows user on his new Mac today. He was right clicking before I even got there. I had to spend a bit of time teaching some things that were new to him, but it wasn't particularly tough. He loved the 2-finger scroll (after years of hating PC trackpads)

I also set up a new Windows 7 user who had been using XP for years. She had no clue what was going on with the new task bar or the user account organization. .

10. Titans&SkinsFan

Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

I got 2-finger scrolling on my HP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar