Congrats Titans fans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NodakPaul, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Everybody keeps mentioning the fumble, but I thought one of our guys recovered it.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

theme of game: Vikings miscues galore!

4. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

I knew someone wouldn't be able to resist a "I told you so" post. :rolleyes: Why am I not surprised it was you?

BTW, you didn't bother to bring up any of the "predictions" that you made that were incorrect. I believe you said you would hold AD less than 1.5 yards per carry. You also said that Collins was going to pick apart our "last place pass defense." How did those two predictions work out for you? Yes, you were right that we wouldn't get any sacks (Your OL played very well). You were also right that the Titans were able to go up early (although it had less to do with your offense, and more with your amazing defense). However, you "held" AD to 80 yards rushing on 4.4 ypc and 2 TDs. And Collins was 18/35 for 199 and 0 TDs. I would say you were only right about half of the time, so you can stop patting yourself on the back any time now.

And please show me where I said that your defense shouldn't be taken seriously. I never did, so please don't make stuff up. In fact, I said several times that I had a lot of respect for your defense, but you shouldn't be so quick to belittle our defense. You called me a troll for saying that. I also never said you were "lucky". Again, try not to make things up. I said that your QB had the presence to get the ball away quickly under pressure. That is usually a good thing.

The only thing worse than a poor loser is a poor winner. Please leave the smack in the smack forum, and don't try to disguise it by ending your post with "Hope we can meet here again on better terms for our next matchup". If and when the Titans and Vikings do meet up again (unlikely, but I guess possible), I will likely return here. But it will be to talk football with the decent fans on this forum, not to play smack with some self proclaimed pit bull.

5. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

I actually think you did too. But you cannot advance a fumble. It would have been Titans possession at the point of the fumble, which was short of the first down line - so turnover on downs.

I don't know why Brad Childress didn't challenge the fumble. He made a lot of poor choices in that game (Punting with 2 minutes left and no timeouts? WTF?). As Titans fans, I hope you appreciate the coach that you have in Fisher. The Vikings are a good example of what can happen when you are loaded with talent but have a poor head coach. :(

6. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

You can advance a fumble outside of two minutes, within two minutes the player that fumbled is the only one able to advance it. At least thats the way I remember it.

7. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

Really? I didn't know anything about the two minutes rule. If so, that I can understand why Childress challenged the spot instead of the fumble.

(Learned something today... ;))

8. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

The two minute rule came about because of the Raiders "Holy Roller" play.

9. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

Ah, the Holy Roller. Remember THAT fiasco well... After a little research, I have found the following:

Since it was fourth down, the spot should have gone to the spot of the fumble. Childress should have challenged the fumble, not the spot of the ball. Childress is an idiot. :)

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I thought if you challenged a play, the ref could look at the whole thing regardless of what you picked, including the fumble in this case. Which was the whole debacle on the cleveland FG last year.

And by the way, while we are at it, I think penalties ought to be challengeable. I mean so what if it was a judjement call. That can be wrong too. And should be overturnable when indisputable evidence exists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar