Concrete evidence that Vince Young has no place in the NFL

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

...this is certainly not the sort of thing I want
    to see on Sundays for years to come.

2. Nine

Nine Starter

The only concern I have about Young is his arm strength. I've seen tons of highlights, but not one of them showed him firing a fastball into a tight spot. Every pass I've seen him throw has been a bit of a floater. And as we've seen with Billy Volek, those floaters lead to all sorts of trouble with short and mid-level passes....that extra air gives defenders an extra step or two to make a play on the ball, which leads to a lot more deflections and interceptions around the line of scrimmage. (In 2004, I believe Volek threw 11 INT's...more than half of those INT's happened less than 5 yards downfield, and I believe 3 or 4 or them were returned for TD's.)

This is not to say that he can't make those throws...I simply haven't seen him do it. However, with all the VY highlights that are out there, you'd think that at least one of them would show him throwing some heat in between two defenders. And obviously, he's going to have to make that throw on a regular basis if he's going to be successful in the NFL.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

He has the potential to make those throws. He is raw though, that's what people wonder about, is how long will it take Young to learn these throws? Is he sharp enough to make these throws, while running a potentially complex offense? These are the big ? marks.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

obviously you are joking .... right ?

I wanna see that

EVERY Sunday

or Thursday

and even Monday

5. titans_0607

titans_0607 Camp Fodder

He was being sarcastic...lol

6. maximus

maximus Starter

I hope your being sarcastic, VY was BEASTLY in the video

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Okay, so just judging by the highlights, as I haven't seen his full game;
    And based on the comments above....

Mike Vick, anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

8. maximus

maximus Starter

I was able to see several TX games this year. Vince can do more than just run-but he is an excellent runn

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

People love to forget that Vick wasn't even a great passer in college! Vince was.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

was anyone anywhere near his WRs?? any runningback given those kinds of lanes would be successful too, but I don't want my QB getting hit as much as a RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar