Competition Rages on for Titans MLB Job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With a week of camp complete, the competition rages for who will become the starting MLB for the Titans. Stephen Tulloch and Ryan Fowler have both had work with the first team defense during the week and have helped each other along the way. “Ryan and I have a mutual respect for each other,” Tulloch said. “We want the best thing for each other. We’re going out there to compete every day. He asks me questions; I ask him questions. We just want to get better as a team." Fowler agrees. “I think it’s a great competition,” said Fowler. “I think all the competition on this team is going to be beneficial for everybody. It’s competition that’s going to make you better.”

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. What I tell you!! This team is clicking!!!

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I wonder whether we might see Fowler against the Jags because he is the more physical run stuffer while we could see Tulloch against the Colts since he is better in coverage.

I expect both of them to contribute on STs.

I've also thought about the idea of going with a 4-4 front against the Jags instead of just dropping Hope down into the box. Let Fowler and Tulloch both be on the field to stuff the run. We have Thorton and Bulluck who are lined up a little bit more outside inorder to attack the edge or be ready to drop into zone coverage. The CBs and single safety then play deep 3rds or the CBs could man up allowing Hope to more easily read and react. I'd even stay in this formation if the Jags go 3WR and just play zone. Force Lefty and his subpar WRs to beat us with the pass. Don't let the RBs/OL dominate the game.

4. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Both of them can be a 1,2 punch on the defense either one can performed the job!!

5. Hags can only do one thing and thats run!!!

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The title is really misleading, after reading the article, I'd retitle it "Competition for MLB Skips Along, Hand in Hand."

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I tried that but it ran a bit too long. ;)

8. fltitan

fltitan Guest

What a great upgrade at MLB this year over last year we have 2 guys that can improve our D. Let the best man win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar