Comic Book Collecting

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 10ECTyrant, Jan 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

A39844CB-FDC4-42DD-B0DE-4FCF8F79B202.png
    One of my oldest comics is all roughed up but it was Avengers vs. Frankenstein. :biglaugh:

Correction: it was X-men.

#11 TitanJeff, Jan 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Great Escape and Collector's World.

There was a Collector's World near my dorm. Then the owner fled the country for tax evasion and the guy working there bought that store's stock and made it his own.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

I have X-men... 6? Maybe later. It was with Mimic. But it's **** condition, unfortunately.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Where was "Collector's World"?

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Maus is good... hard to read, even though it's drawn the way it is.

The Holocaust, but the Jews are mice and the Nazis are cats. Polish are pigs.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

There were a few. I think the original was on Nolensville Road. I actually met Stan Lee at a signing there.

Just happened to walk in and there he was!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Interesting

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I have about 100 or so. Very random, many from the 90’s but a couple go back to the 70’s. A few of the original run of transformers.

Really haven’t read any, I got them passed down at some point.
    I just try to keep them in as good of condition as possible but I think the highest value, if graded in good condition, is probably less than $50.

9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I still have the original Transformer toys. Megatron, Optimus, all 3 jets, Bee, and the army jeep Hound. For some reason Hound was never in the movies, which is weird because he was my favorite and was prominent in the cartoon. Also funny that Bee was so big, because his role was pretty negligible in the cartoon as far as I can remember.

10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I may be mistaken, but I believe Hound died in the beginning of the cartoon movie with Ironhide and Ratchet.

took about 10 minutes into that cartoon to see they were Fn around. For kids, that was extreme shocking then Optimus and negation both going down? Unreal.
    Bumble bee had a fairly small role in that movie but survived with Jazz to hang around with the Gen 2 characters.

that movie is probably the greatest cartoon movie ever. Maybe should add “spoiler”?
    I mean, if they haven’t seen it since release in 86/87, probably ok.

those original die cast metal toys are valuable too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar