Come on people

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

...and he blew it big time.

2. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

And the last time VY had a meltdown and quit on his team we turned to KC and he lead us on a 10-0 run and a 13-3 season. Big deal, KC isn't our long term answer either. We've given that deadbeat 5 years and we get little flashes of glory but at the end of the day we always end up where we are now with "Mr. Wonderful"!

I'm excited to give this new kid a shot, he comes from a pro style offense, has a strong arm and has already shown more work ethic than Vince ever will. I'll keep my fingers crossed! As long as I never have to see VY under center as a Titan again I'll be thrilled.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

He managed to sustain drives for more then 4 plays. Something Kerry Collins hasn't shown the capacity to do in the past two seasons. That has a huge effect on the defense. When they're out there for what seems like the whole game they get gassed and give up plays.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No Vince, no Jason Jones, no Tony Brown. Without those three vs. Houston I am worried.

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yeah... the HEAD COACH had nothing to do with that... right.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

When the offense is capable of extending the TOP, yes... they absolutely can improve a defense.

Collins either turned it over or would help the offense go three and out.

Young would extend drives and give the defense time to recover.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Revisionist BS..
    I seem to recall Kerry getting plenty of first downs in a few of those starts and it was the secondary that kept the other team in the game. I also seem to recall at the time that everyone was blaming the loss of Haynesworth as the big culprit at the time. I guess if you "say something" enough times it becomes fact around here.
    Rewatch that Jax game if you dare..

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

See the above post.
    I guess CJ wasn't racking up first downs in any of those games either..
    Revise it however you like but it wasn't Kerry Collins who allowed those teams to move up and down the field at will..

9. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you can thank Crumpler and Fatdale for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar