Come on, man

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Not to sound like a downer, but i have stuck up for vince since last season. And now that he's playing well i thought all the vy threads would be finished. I mean we stuck up for him, he played well and anyone hating has admitted that. Now do we have to come out every week with an i told you so thread? This is why the hate won't stop, because guys are getting overzealous and making vince out to be a god. We can say he is good and we may have a very dangerous combo with vy,cj,kb ,cook, and hopefully hawk. But do we really need to blow this outta proprtion? Plenty of other guys on the team guys. And now that vy is playing well, it's time we talk about them.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree, we don't need a thread on every thing VY did.

3. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

I concur. VY had the best game of his career... It is not like he does that all the time. People like Manning, Favre, Warner, Brady and Brees do however.

That said, I hope he can keep it up.:greedy:

4. pettso

pettso Starter

The threads keep coming up because of posts like this. Even though he has played great for 5 games in a row, people like you try to squeeze in some hate for no good reason.

Maybe he's not as good as the QBs you listed, maybe he never will be. But you're gonna complain about that now? Complaining about VY at all after his performance this year is retarded. You've just got your mind made up on the subject and are blindly sticking to it.

Also, before being recognized as someone that has games like that "all the time" they have to have a game like that.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TxTitansFan

TxTitansFan Camp Fodder

You might want to pull up some stats from when these guys came into the league. Manning had more INT's than TD's his first year. Even going into 2001, he only had 26 TD's to 23 INT's. During that same year, he had 29 sacks and 7 fumbles.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

I wonder what our record would be right now if Vince had started the season? Vince loves drama and seems to play his best when when the game/season is on the line. He is doing exactly what he did his rookie season...the biggest difference to me is that this year he is throwing the ball much better which is promising.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Vince is doing great things, and I'm all about people supporting him and being excited.

That being said, I totally agree that we don't need "I told you so" and "where the haters" threads all over the place, especially with the majority of comments in them being from people who've been on the board less than a year.

Titans fans are all happy that Young has made so much progress. Enjoy the fact that our doubt is slowly being erased. Beyond that, let it go.

8. tngixxer1k

tngixxer1k Camp Fodder

Its definitely nice to see him throwing deep more often and with greater success. I thought Britt would be a nice addition but didn't know he would be such an immediate impact. I will also add that I wasn't on board with the Nate Washington pick up but so far it loos good.

Speaking of eating crow, did you guys see Merrill Hoge taking his licks for all the VY hate he has put up since he was drafted. It was a small token but at least he finally let up a little on his assault

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

These threads wont stop until after the draft I think. Me included spent countless hours backing the guy to the 'pro Collins' fans when we all felt there should have never been a 'Collins' season to begin with. I haven't rubbed the fact I saw Vince's potential in anyone's face. Some here have, and that's cool with me, but like I said, after April you wont see these threads popping up.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I never cared for his opinion. Hoge literally died before. I don't listen to ghosts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar