Colts @ Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Brandon Jones really impressed me. Three of his catches were really good, tough grabs while he was in double coverage, and he took some hits while keeping the ball. Yeah, he's not perfect, but he's definitely improved, and those who thought he'd never be beneficial to this team were way off base.

2. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

We agree! Last year we thought BJ would do well and now we're seeing it. We are most happy to see him contribute to the dismantling of the Horsies! :jump:

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It was a good effort and a great second half execution. The 2nd half couldn't have gone much better IMHO. Collins was effective, despite some hiccups on his part and some costly drops by recievers (Gage, Johnson, Alge were all culprits of some just plain bad drops).

Our running game was really effective tonight, even though the YPC stats were mediocre at best. LenDale had some of the most important and effortful 13 yards of the year (that 2nd TD stretch was awesome). Chris Johnson remains our centerpiece, even if it doesn't seem like it. The Colts D came in, very much focused on our running game, and they succeeded for the most part. But it gave the passing lanes a lot more room to open up for Collins. If not for some drops, this game would have been higher scoring.

What can you say about the defense? I mean really, what is there left to say? Despite allowing some big plays by Rhodes and Clark, can anyone honestly say there were anything un-spectacular about their play. Manning had a lot of time often, but it's better to have guys covered than to gamble on a blitz against that offense. Blitzing is never the way to disrupt Manning, and Schwartz knows that. Manning and that offense was frustrated in the 3rd and simply not on the field enough in the 4th. This defense is also exemplary at 1) making plays when it matters most (Hopes late INT, the two spectacular individual plays to stop 4th down conversions), and 2) absolutely pinning their ears back in the fourth. After LenDale's 2nd TD in the fourth, I turned to my friend and told him 'You're about to see a defense clamp down hard'. Next drive? Hope's INT and then CJ's great run for 6. That's what this team does.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

My MVP is w/o a doubt is The O-line. While they didn't Open up truck sized holes for the run game, (played against 8 man fronts most, if not all game) they gave up no sacks, a couple of hits on KFC, and I don't think they had any holding penalties (1 false start by Amanao is all)

2nd runner up has to be Harpo. I have always said that he was the weak link on the D, and thought that it was a matter of time before Offenses realized that he was over there, but he has held up this season, and is making plays on the ball in the air and making solid tackles.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Man without a shadow of a doubt, there are alot of NFL fans that just realized how good the Titans really are.

The biggest thing that was shown about this game? The fact that the Titans werre down and seemingly you would think Manning could keep things running for the Colts, but then the light came on. Much credit to Collins, he made passes and plays that were phenominal. Collins isnt a star QB, but he is a very serviceable field general. And CJ did a great job on that last run to put in the final blow.

Never would of thought when the Titans were only scoring field goals and Colts getting TD's that it would turn around and we score 25 unanswered?

Great game guys 7-0...gotta give gameball to the O-line on this one....

And did anyone else see Collins pretending to play congo drums after what I think was CJ's touchdown?

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I definately agree...there were too many B. Jones haters on this board for awhile and I didn't understand why. I also agree with someones previous post that Levelle Hawkins needs more playing time. If the guy can make that sort of catch on a MNF game, he can make it happen against anyone. Very solid stuff. Gage looked shaky, but he'll get over it.

Please God, let KVB come back! If he would have been in the game, we definately would have gotten to Manning a few more times...his absence was definately felt last night.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I agree with a previous post about the O line play. The colts sold out against our run but we still managed to get a few yards here and there. KFC likes his big boys up front, he stopped mid stream in the press conf. and gave kudos, I like hearing that.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Well he did cost us the Colts game last year, but all is forgiven now. I'm glad he's starting to make plays. My only disappointment tonight was the lack of pressure on Manning. But I guess thats the effect KVB has. Another name I haven't seen mentioned is Tony Brown. I thought he had some very big plays tonight. (Busting up the screen on third down, etc.)

Bring on the Packers! Go Titans!

9. DJB

DJB Starter

Is it just me or does it seem Manning hits Clark running wide open down the middle of the field about twice every game the Titans play them? It seems like you watch for that after the 15th time they burn you with it.

10. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

I think the one thing everyone can agree on is the fact that Brandon Jones looks really good. He had a few cathes that suprised me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar