Colts @ Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Facemask was hope not lowry. Lowry was in on the play but it was hope who came in at the end and grabbed the head gear. Very plain on the replay. A bad play considering the ball carrier was 2/3 down when he grabbed him..

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Just got home, had to go to work right after the game

Offense:
    -VY was able to run and pass effectively
    -Chris Brown, showed again he is a one hit wonder, LenDale White takes the job back
    -Roydell Williams is playing extremely well

Defense:
    -Got pressure
    -Was decent against the run
    -Let Indy get yards, but not always points

The Game;
    Three plays that costed us the game
    1 - Davis fumble, get the Colts the ball and let them suck up more clock
    2 - VY penalty, costed us big yards
    3 - Brandon Jones drop (This imo was the most important play of the game), it would have won us the game, but instead lost it for us

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

:rolleyes:

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Watch the replay. They called it on Lowry.. But it was CHRIS HOPE that grabbed the face mask.

5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Great thing is PacMan will be back by then. No more picking on our corners

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

but my whole "midget" joke library will be useless!

7. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Where the heck was our LBs when it came to covering the middle of the field? It was wide open all day

Got excited everytime Griffen touched the ball... Wish I could see him on defense!

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

A bit of perspective.

The "flow" of this game was exactly what we didn't want. We were 2 scores behind for the majority of the game. I'd love to see how we go against the Colts when we are playing from in front. Lendale needs another 10-15 carries.

Notwithstanding that, we ran this game right down to the wire. Our defense only gave up 1 passing TD to Manning and consitently got pressure of some form.

I was also pleased to see both Lowry and Roydell have their best games as Titans.

And the officiating was fine. I have no problems with any of the calls.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

That was by design, in part. The way we have been able to keep games close with the Colts is by allowing the underneath stuff and avoid the big play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar