Colts @ Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah I've never seen a guy get knocked out of bounds and the clock still ran. Not the typical play where the momentum gets stopped in bounds and the guy still runs out to try to stop the clock.

We didn't deserve to win imo. Definitely could have. BJ has to make that catch. Bulluck has to pick up that fumble. A few int's could have been made. VY can's hold the ball all day back there.

2. TheMugwump

TheMugwump Guest

You know, I wondered about that myself. I THINK that the ruling is that since he was hit inbounds, and knocked backwards and out of bounds, that is forward progress is the spot.

Not sure though. A lot of times I question what the refs are doing on those O.O.B. plays, but they usually aren't during last minute drives.

Oh, and just for the record. Dan Dierdorf is a doofus. He kept going on and on about how Reggie Wayne was knocked off his route illegally, and that's why Peyton threw that interception. While technically the hit was after five yards and therefore technically illegal, that INT was caused by the Titan lineman in Peyton's face. He could have mentioned that once, I thought.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he didn't go backwards though, he went sideways.
    yeah, and apparently when the ball hits chris davis in the face it was thrown behind him...

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No problem zell..

.....I'll be glad to take your place in the bedroom.:grrhee:

Tough game, the way the colts offense was playing it didn't seem probable that we could win. We can nit pick but overall we played well. I do wish we had handled some things differently and can we please play roydell more? I'm sick of seeing gage, davis and even moulds playing ahead of him.

To win a game like this means to step up when it counts and we didn't on that last drive. Vince knew the blitz was coming but didn't find an open receiver. Jones did drop a pass that would have at least put us in range of a long one.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I also thought that dierdork wasted way too much time on the reggie wayne play. What finnegan did was what many veteran DBs do and get away with it. Stick your arm out and give the guy just a little nudge off his route. Sometimes the officals see it sometimes they don't...

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Who a Colt player smacks VY's helmet when VY is out of bounds, and VY draws the penalty, then something queer is going on.

I don't expect you to see it that way, but that is how it is.

7. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

Kudos to our Defense! Thats not the same unit from last year!

They played really well against that tough Colts Offense!

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no, they're worse!

not really, but as far as playing the colts they are. last year we gave up 13 and 17 to the colts, if we do that this game we win.

9. GUNSLINGER

GUNSLINGER Camp Fodder

That was a tough loss but at least we kept it close. I see good things happening this year.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans look much better than last season. Though this was disappointing, this team is moving in the right direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar