Colts sign FA DT Johnathan Hankins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

What the market will pay is what they are worth. A team that has the cap may have no problem paying a player they think will improve their team $10mil/yr

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I didn't watch the band of losers running the show before Robinson took over, so I'm not holding anything they did against him. I saw a guy who quietly made some of the most beneficial off-season moves of any GM in the league, so until he starts showing incompetence, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    And sometimes, the market is wrong. See Brock last year, or basically any 2nd tier player making top dollar. Any improvement he would have made wouldn't be a $10M improvement, and would cut into the rollover that could be used in the following seasons on somebody who may actually be worth that.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Seeing as how we are so far from the salary cap line we can't even see it, who cares if we had to overpay?

What exactly are we planning on doing with all this money? Leave it lying around the field and hope opposing players trip over it?

When the colts Texans or jags clinch the afc south, at least I can take solace in the fact that we were prudent and thrifty with a billionaires money.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Jrob trading down twice on day one so we're gonna need a lot of cap in the coming years with the all pros he's gonna be selecting and stuff like that.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

There is nobody worth giving it to. I'm disappointed that the roster wasn't bolstered more during this off-season, but never was I pining to pay Hightower or Hankins $10M per year. Eric Berry, a CB or two, sure. But pretty slim pickings.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Read a good article about how poor this FA class was due to how bad the draft was in 2013.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Didn't think about that. It was one of the worst of all time. People think this draft lacks top end talent; Chance Warmack was actually considered the best player in the draft by some. And he wasn't the first guard drafted. We actually acquired two of the first 33 players drafted for a pretty small price tag.

8. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I'm honestly very happy with the moves the FO has made in the last year. I'm willing to give them a chance again this year as a result.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Imagine a Hunter. He hunts to feed his family. But bullets are expensive. It is imprudent to waste them on inferior game.

Every day he hunts. All he sees is second tier game. Nothing worth a a bullet. So he never pulls the trigger.

And his kids never eat. When you have ample bullets, something is sometimes better than nothing.

We have lots of holes and are close to contention. we filled maybe one this free agency. That's it.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I was hoping we got Berry. I think Hightower would have improved this D. I wasn't big on Pryor because of the locker room effect but he certainly would have added talent to our WR group and opened up our draft options a bit. No way I would have paid Jeffrey 14 mil, but Garcon, TSmith, Aiken or Jackson would have been nice additions to a group needing improvement.
    I think the frustrating part for a few on here is that we didn't even try on most, no offers, no visits. Did we make a run at Berry? Pryor?
    I think that's the point when the cap is brought up, we have the $, at least make an effort to upgrade.
    Cyprien and Ryan are nice additions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar