Colts preparing to start season w/o Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Blue Gorilla, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

Can't believe there's not a thread on this already... but Colts owner Jim Irsay tweeted today that the team is having to prepare for a scenario where Peyton Manning isn't ready to start by Week 1, and asked fans which veterans QBs they should target.

If Peyton misses regular season time, I think this makes the Colts a very mediocre and beatable team, and could slide them down in the AFC South power rankings to around 3rd Place. They have looked absolutely putrid in the preseason, and really don't see them being stellar if Manning can't go.

2. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i hope the whole neck thing doesn't cause future problems but i will enjoy every minute of them losing if he does miss some games.

3. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

it looked more like a "just in case" thought than a "manning is most certainly out"

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

dont buy it for a minute...

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Colts are bush league without Peyton. My feelings will not be hurt if he's out.

6. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

"This team is a 3 or 4-win team without number 18 under center." - Mark Schlereth

7. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Let ol lamp head sit

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

This happened in 08 I think. Peyton missed the whole preseason and the Colts came out and started like 3-4, only to reel off 9 strait Ws going into the post season.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree with him. With no Peyton they're nothinng. 4th place AFC South with no #18.

10. TitanDoug

TitanDoug Special Teams Standout

This is a guy who hasn't missed a game his entire career.

I'll believe Peyton's out only when they line up for the first snap in game 1 with Curtis Painter or whoever under center.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar