Colts - End of an era?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The Colts lost to the San Diego Chargers backups today. Their defense looked weak (the pass defense in particular) and their offense was good but certainly not the unstoppable force it has been.

Marvin Harrison might be done and Tony Dungy might retire. The Colts are (hopefully) about to enter cap hell.

The gap in the AFC South is closing fast. The Jags are getting better, we are getting better and even the Texans aren't that bad. Will next year be the year that a team other than the Colts wins the division?

2. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Yes :logo:

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It was collusion to get the Chargers to the AFC Championship.

4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Crazy that Eli is farther in the playoffs than Payton...

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As long as they have Manning, I don't think they'll drop far.

Even if Harrison has lost a step, they have too many weapons on offense.

Defensively, they missed Freeney today when they needed more pressure on Rivers/Volek. When he returns, they should be fine as long as they continue to draft well on defense.

6. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

yeah as long as they have 18 behind center, that gives them a shot to do w.e they want. With addia running well too. I am questionable on how freeney will come back and play, his injury was a bad one. might affect his speed. Who knows. Bob sanders is a great player but they cant always stack the line with him. WHen he goes out to cover thats when teams can hit them with the run, and hes not that great in coverage

7. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

It will be interesting to see who is restructured and who is released due to the cap.

8. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Its almost a guarantee that we will throw the tag on Dallas. Freeney being back will be very helpful (we missed him today). I wouldn't be suprised if we let Booger McFarlan go (though he could have been useful today as well) and free up a slice of room. The big difference will be Harrison. Some believe he will retire after this year (im still riding the fence on the subject seeing as he was nowhere near 100% today) If he leaves that allows us slight breathing room. This is what Polian (and now his son) excel at so I'm not worried. Some restructuring. Letting some seemingly key players go and the Colts will once again squeeze by.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

didn'e MH just sign a contract? Wouldn't his bonus $ come forward if he retired? I don't understand how losing MH would help the Indy CAP at all

colts only squeeze by when the refs are on their side - wait they lost to the Pats and the Bolts with blatent pro-ponie phlaggs

10. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

I thought his bonus was only going to come out if he played for 2 more years after this one. Then again i really don't pay that much attention to the salary deals. Its not my money so i care very little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar