Colts Decision to rest starters??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Blue, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

man, i am suprised by the colts fans that are really upset about them resting their starters? I understand a little bit why they would be, and don't get me wrong , the integrity of the game is at stake, but I do think people knew that was coming, the colts do it every year, and i am loving every second of this because I hate the colts!!!!!! What would you do in the colts situation just to get a perspective? If it were the Titans, I would want them to sit the starters and rest for the playoffs, because it only takes 1 play to get injured, and caldwell would have taken a lot more heat if manning went down, they would not win any playoff games with painter. I too think that the colts fans are being somewhat spoiled here, i think any team in the league would love to have only 1 loss in week 15, and there being disloyal to the team IMO. I would love to here some opinions from some Loyal TITANS FANS!!! F*** the Colts, Love it!

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Here is the burning question: will Peyton NOT start week 17? If he does start, then the streaks they have are of some importance, and losing last week will suck more. They could make a huge statement by not playing Manning at all. But if he does start, then they should have kept winning. If he sits then they can stick to their guns and wait til mid January to suit up.

3. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

its gonna be interesting to see how this folds out, I too think by doing this they knocked the steelers out as well, because the jets and ravens control their own destiny now. the jets are not really a playoff team but the steelers could do damadge in the playoffs , atleast more than the jets could

4. barlow2008

barlow2008 Camp Fodder

I feel any team that is 14-0 has the right to do whatever they want as far as playing players or sitting them. The colts dont owe anybody anything and can decide how they want to finish the season. However although I feel they have earned the right to play out the final few games the way they wish, if it was me only the players that cant physically go would be sitting. When you have a chance at history to go undefeated I say you take it and try to win every game. We have seen a number of times where teams have taken the final week or two off, had the bye week, and then came back only to look rusty and get eliminated.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

how many opportunities do you have to go 16-0 ?
    I understand not subjecting key players to injury ,but wtf ?
    many will forget who won Super Bowls from year to year
    but noone forgets that the '72 Dolphins

6. pettso

pettso Starter

Exactly.

I personally think their owner is an idiot (the decision seems to have come from him rather than Caldwell). He clearly pissed off some of the players. As much as Manning tried to be politically correct, he kept his helmet on for 15 minutes for a reason, and he wasn't the only one.

Michael Irvin said it best. He said winning the superbowl means you were a good team that year. Going 19-0 is being perfect, it gets you the label as the best team of all time (or one of them). He said he'd trade all 3 superbowl rings and every other award he had for one year of perfection.

On top of all that, how likely is it for someone to get hurt in a half? They were a half away from going 16-0, possibly a quarter. I bet Manning is gonna play only the first half against Buffalo and the Colts will still win there. That's a risk I'd take any day.

But hey, I'm happy egghead didn't get to go 19-0, cause :coltssuk:

7. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i think the Colts idea to rest their starters was awesome...

...it bumped up the Jets in the playoff picture, therefore making it much harder for the Texans to get in..:winker:

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The undefeated record only makes you the butt of jokes if you fail to win the Super Bowl.

I think it adds unnecessary pressure to the team, and in the end... it's a silly stat that no one truly cares about.

No one wants to be that OTHER 18-1 team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar