Post-Game Thread Colts 34, Titans 26

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

The lack of runs planned for him amazes me. We open on Cleveland with a designed run and it worked. I dont think our OC knows what to do with Mariota to be honest. And yes it sounded like he was missing guys high today for whatever reason. That is not good for MM.

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

It's very hard to explain an intangible like this, but we just don't move the ball with any rhythm at all. We get in 3rd and longs and by some miracle MM will complete a long pass, then turn right around and miss on a short one. Some are blaming our system, but honestly, with the limitations of MM, it would take a HIGHLY specialized system for him to succeed. He just doesn't seem to have a feel for the game at this level. Everything is mechanical. He cannot get out of the pocket. If anything he panics which makes it worse. He is not nimble. He misses on short passes, or throws into coverage because he doesn't read defenses well. He tries to force balls in when other receivers are close that are more open. It's like he is "locked on" and can't get off them. There is just so much wrong I can't see where he can ever correct enough to be an NFL QB.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm ok with there not being called runs, would rather protect him. But, when we go empty backfield and their MLB vacates to chase Murray out of motion, pull the ball down and go. There were at least 5 occasions where all he had to do was step up in the pocket and could easily pick up 5-15 yards, but never did.

It completely changes coverage and momentum when he runs on a broken play.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Rookie year made me think he was going to be an absolute stud.

5. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Ya we get that he beats up on the shi**est division in football but why continue to say hes some great QB when hes not.

6. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Now where was all this posting when we were on a 2 game winning streak???

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I don't call him great, nor will I knock him.

I can't knock someone who continues to knock us out year after year.

8. Laserjock

Well I am by no means a scout level assessor of talent, but I think MM could be the best QB we have had in a long time. We have the Oline (well... not with Spain out) and the RBs and TEs, just dont think we have the WRs and system.

How did we have KW go crazy last week and disappear today? AJ is innefective and Sharpe is a rookie...I dont believe Luck or Brady would be succesful with this group.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Lol we beat the horrible Dolphins and barely squeaked by Cody Kessler's Browns

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. Laserjock

Do you think that is lack of recognition by MM or do you think its being drilled into him to run only as last resort?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar