Post-Game Thread Colts 33- Titans 17

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Jayon Brown is bad dude. Love to have a couple more like him. He certainly was the player of the game for me.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree...Jackson is showing flashes, but he is not a #1 yet. Butler was more disappointing to me, since he was considered a high profile FA.

I see us looking in the FA market for this again here....we will see though.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, fandom aside, I get your point. Forcing us to win with Gabbert is a no-brainer, since it is a very unlikely outcome. Henry did ok last night given the focus on him, but we really needed more consistency from the QB position to be able to stay in this game, and that is not a word (consistent) that I would put anywhere in the same sentence or paragraph as Blaine Gabbert.

Losing Casey hurt as well, but IMO this was more on our issues at the QB position. The game was actually contested until the very end (due to some good spot stops and turnovers generated by our banged up defense), but we just did not have the horsepower on offense to convert these to points IMO.

All of that said, COLTS SUCK!

4. Luv_PonyExpress

Luv_PonyExpress Starter

I’d say not having Casey was huge. The Titans were able to put very little pressure on Luck (aside from the INT play and one late sack). I think some of that was due to the Colts’ line — which has been terrific all year (especially when healthy). But you just can’t discount a team not having its best pass rusher when playing a pass-heavy offense.

Also, while I get all the frustration here with Gabbert, I’d still say he’s one of the better backup QBs in the league. Most teams don’t have backups who have been regular starters at other teams — particularly ones still in their 20s. But, even still, winning with any backup QB is hard....which is why Foles was such a big story last year (and again lately).

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

How can people keep saying QB is #1 priority?

Did anyone suggesting that watch the game?

It was painfully obvious that a serious pass rusher is needed. The colts, Luck, continues to shred this D because he’s never f’n touched. No QB for the Titans can fix that. This continued dream of finding a QB to try shootouts with Luck is stupid. How about trying to stop Luck? This is how you win.

Pass rusher, probably even a couple should be priority.
    OL specifically C. Ben Jones is not good.
    K. This team wins close, low scoring games with D. Need a K.

6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Too many missing starters, defense could not stop Luck, that's why they lost the game, but the pass offense was anemic. Gabbert sucked more than I thought he would, I get he's a backup, but I have zero confidence in him going forward in a starting back up role, last night confirmed what we already knew about him even thought we were trying to be positive and encourage him stepping up in this game. Maryota you pu$$y!

The Titans have so many needs I don't see them addressing all of them in one year.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

How does a pass rusher make our offense score more than pathetic 10 points?

How can anyone look at the garbage we’re producing on offense and say “Yep, pass rusher will fix the problem”???

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

It was a long shot, and largely irrelevant (no one from the AFC South was making it to the Super Bowl), but still a shame. A healthy Titans team wins that game easy.

Oh well. On to next season.

9. Blackburn

Blackburn Starter

I was at the game sitting in Section 107. Gabbert was terrible, I agree, he threw behind his receivers all night and hardly made any plays that weren't there on his first read. I was more just stating that in general we need some more dynamic WRs.

I really doubt that Davis or Taylor would start on very many teams across the league. Davis is obviously a talented guy but he's still young and really inconsistent. Taylor flashes every few games but also not a consistent player. Even when we have Mariota for his 10-12 games per season, he needs better weapons too.

10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

The offense only less than 20pts a game. Both opening drives for the colts go 90+ yards for TD, Luck untouched. Nope, we need QB to fix that.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar