Colts 28th vs. Titans 3rd

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I read a post last week about Indianapolis that has stuck with me. After choking against the Steelers, someone wrote, "What do they have to show for it, the 28th draft pick?" Then the statement went on to mention our 3rd overall pick in the draft. I understand that the statement was nothing but a shot at the Colts, but, would I as a Titans fan trade places with their situation? Would I trade our 3rd overall pick for their AFC South Championship and 28th pick? IN A NEW YORK MINUTE!!!
    Our 3rd pick means one thing, we SUCK. We played one of the easiest schedules in the league and only won 4 games.
    I would much rather have that AFC South pennant. Their team confidence is higher than ours. Their players job security is not an issue as ours is. Their coaches are going in the right direction. I can't wait until we are in their situation again.
    ________
    Handjob Girl

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you could also say the colts won as many playoff games as we did.

3. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

But you CAN'T say the Titans PLAYED in as many playoff games as the Colts did :)) .

Answering the question posed: I'd always take the successful season. Draft picks are about NEXT year. Going through the season I don't think about where we'll be next year....I want it all NOW!
    Unfortunately the Colts didn't get it all....we simply got out-played...but I'm okay with having the 28th pick instead of one of the top 5. It was a helluva run and a helluva lot of fun.......while it lasted.

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Sure, I would love to be in the playoffs like the Colts-however, with McNair, I dont think we would choke like they did.
    But we finished 4-12 and we have #3 draft pick and we should enjoy having a top 5 pick because we will return to the days were we had a 20 something pick in the draft.

5. Joe Z.

Joe Z. Guest

We are all ignoring the laws of physics: what goes up, must come down.

We came down 2 seasons ago. They're coming down either this season or the next. We're on the way to rebuilding back up, so we're one step ahead of them. ;)

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Can't say the Titans choked in as many playoff games either.

7. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

:ha:

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yea, slam a team that had a great year and made it into the playoffs. Amazing how fans of one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL (top 6 last year) can have a leg to stand on. I'm embarrased at how idiotic some of these posts are. We are the 3rd worst team in the NFL daaaaaaa but we won as many playoff games as the Colts daaaaaa.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

if you embarressed you can leave, no one is keeping you here and making you read.

Boy some of you people are just a bunch of cry babies. They are a rival, they lost when they should have won the superbowl.

You don't think they'd be up here doing the same if the situation was reversed?

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if there were ever a year to be drafting in the top 5 this is it
    2 Heisman winners and a runner-up
    All 3 have a national Championships

you would expect a team in rebuild mode to pick high

yes it sucks that we lost so many games
    but we are the same place 28 other teams are right now - Home

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar