Post-Game Thread Colts 24, Titans 17

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imbread

imbread Starter

afc south you never know but i agree it hurts

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Lets go Raiders on Monday.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. bupac

bupac Starter

Did a wrist injury cause him to trip over his own feet, blow his coverages, and fail to run with any receiver?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Since the playoffs are now completely out of the question, this isn't the time to "play for pride." The team from here on out needs to play for developing and scouting out the young talent on this roster.

Time to call up Kalan Reed, bench Cox, McCain and just go ahead and cut Blake. Dude is suppose to be here for ST reasons and down a ****ing punt for the Colts on the one.

See if Sims, Reed of Riley have what it takes to be a good future #2 or slot corner. If one of them shows potential, you can draft 1 corner and then a play making linebacker with the other first pick. If none of them are good at all, spend both 1st rounders on corner.

I'd say see what else we have for youth at ILB, but we don't have anything. Williamson is the 2nd coming of Barrett Ruud. He will have a 8-10 year career based of stats alone. The fact is I have never once seen him make a play in the backfield on a run, which is really sad for a 3-4 ILB and he's even worse in coverage. The fact he's our best at the position is awful.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

****** player making an excuse for being ******.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. bupac

bupac Starter

Not making an excuse...immediately makes an excuse

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Can't win them all. We all knew we were at least a year away. Disappointed in the loss, but it's going to happen.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Backinmyday

Backinmyday Starter

Tough game to watch for much of the first half, but glad to see them make a strong, albeit short, comeback. The DBs killed us in the game, along with some penalties in crucial moments. Didn't see Fasano's hold, but that would have put us 1st & Goal at the end and in a great position to send this one into overtime.

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I know this is after the fact but at the time on 4th and 1 I was screaming for a play action bootleg. I feel like that would have fooled the defense. Mariota is our best player and to run the ball there takes the ball out of our best playmaker. Extremely frustrating day.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. kenny

kenny Starter

The game plan was BAD. There is no doubt. We were way too predictable. No one can question that. We came out unprepared to play the biggest game of our season. That's on the HC. I am not slamming Mularkey. This team has improved no doubt. However, the statement game was THIS WEEK not last week. HC put too much emphasis on the GB game & not enough on this one.

All that said, the secondary killed us as always. Forget a WR we need secondary help worse than any position on the field. It's NO CONTEST. Yes a legit #1 WR would really be nice. I will be happy to see a WR that is a consistent threat. However, there is no way we beat Luck until there are real CBs on the field. Cox has been HORRIBLE. McCourty has been McCourty. McCourty is a back up on most teams. CB has been a BIG issue here for years. We need to aggressively address the secondary this off season. It has cost us several games over the years.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar