Post-Game Thread Colts 24, Titans 17

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Worked during the game so had to record and watch later. I almost prefer this method, I could start to fast forward when the horrible announcers mentioned the Colts streak for the hundredth time and I avoided a thousand commercials. If I could only trust myself to stay off my phone and the internet during that time it would be a definite weekly deal. Anyway...

-This is the most Jekyll/Hyde team that I remember the Titans having. How do we open great against the Jags and Packers and yet we find ourselves in huge holes early against the Chargers and Colts? Inexplicable.

-I can't wait for Jon Robinson to get his hands on this roster during his 2nd offseason here. This is the first time in a while where we can actually see the clear needs this team has to address. Under our former regime, it was to throw some darts at the board and hope to fix a couple positions. I would almost argue going DB twice in the 1st round. Cox is a depth CB, McCain is not good (but did make a couple nice plays today), McCourty is a #2 on a playoff team, and Blake will be out of the NFL this time next year.

-Marcus Mariota. I mean, I feel bad for the guy at this point. Here's a guy who has been the hottest QB in the league since week 5 and in the 2nd half, still trailing, we still try and push our failing run game in the 4th quarter. We even take the ball out of his hands with the game on the line. Mike Mularkey has the most punchable face. I swear, I don't care if people disagree, the guy is trying to be Jeff Fisher. Painfully average except we're getting hyped up because we're actually winning more than 3 freaking games this year. Put Mariota in an offense that actually suits him and gets him the ball. Stop with trick plays, stop trying to force the run game when it isn't there, and actually open up the offense a bit.

-Our OL was a bit exposed today because of our trash DBs. When you go down 21-0 this allows the defense to pin its ears back and go after the QB non-stop for roughly the entire freaking game. I never bought that we had the best OL, Cowboys and Raiders at least come to mind, but not many units would fare as well as the Titans did in those circumstances.

-Tired of losing to the Colts. Even if we didn't make the playoffs, I still would have wanted this win over anyone else left on the schedule. The sports "journalist" can drool over our stats all day but until we actually beat out division opponents we're not going anywhere. It's also time to put away the claim, "we're better but just keep choking." Nope. The better team doesn't get swept. Good teams find ways to win crucial games, not go down 21-0 on the road. Sure, there were a couple positives to take from the game but today's performance was still inexcusable.

Overall, I hope for the playoffs next year because I'm not going to read the odds/scenarios/etc. for the Titans. These games like today are the ones playoff teams win. I also don't think anyone actually respects Mike Mularkey. Both Delanie Walker and Taylor Lewan walked right past him when he tried to talk. Pathetic. Only coach worth their paycheck on this team is Dick Lebeau for trying to mask this horrible DB play with a pass-rush and Deshea Townsend for his unit not giving up 400 yards passing every week.

Alright I feel better now.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

3. Bonky

I'd high five you ten times if I could.

4. The Playmaker

Here's the thing, regular season expectations are thrown out right on opening kick off of week 1. Sure, we've been trash this year but the attitude of "well, we suck anyway" is why this franchise has been horrible for so many years. They blew it against the Vikings, who didn't even score an offensive touchdown. Blew it at the end against the Raiders because of Lewan's dumb penalty. Bad losses to the Texans and the Colts. Against the Chargers, Mariota couldn't hold onto the ball. Change a couple bounces of the ball and we pick up a couple extra wins. We're no longer in, well I was expecting 3 wins anyway, we're now in a position to hold them to a higher standard because we know they're capable of competing in December.

5. Bonky

Ten high-fives!

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Packers are getting thumped again tonight. Maybe the Titans got a little overly excited after beating a bad team?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Never said we'd make it or that I'm expecting it.

But it ain't over 'til it's over... and we're still alive if we win next week.

8. The Playmaker

I usually don't come on here after a loss but I've been frustrated all night I had to check the forum. I knew getting all this hype from everyone around the country would only lead to disappointment.

9. The Playmaker

Did you ever read their comments after our game last week? Their locker room is broken. I wouldn't be surprised if they bottomed out even though they're still in it for the division.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I meant 3 wins the rest of this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar